Ok, here is where you can post just about anything about any topic at all!

False churches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• False churches

My wife and I have visited about eight churches in the last three years. These churches were all Southern Baptists Churches except for one a Calvary Chapel church. Frankly God must be angry at what he sees and hears. At one church the pastor was arrested and convicted of having se with a minor, a deacons daughter who was 14. Another church two deacons got divorced one resigned one still holds the office. At one church the pastor didn't pay his bill for air-condition / heating that was put in his home and the company had to threaten to go to his deacon board if he did not pay the bill. One church had a Sunday School teacher that was divorcing her husband because she was sick and tired of him. She did not think she should quit teaching. a lot of people left because of that. One church has an eighty one year old pastor that reads Charles Stanley's devotional material for his message, and has no issue with an unsaved man playing "Help me make it through the night" while people are coming into the worship service.

This makes my wife and I deeply hurt and concerned.

Originally posted by justme View Post
    My wife and I have visited about eight churches in the last three years. These churches were all Southern Baptists Churches except for one a Calvary Chapel church. Frankly God must be angry at what he sees and hears. At one church the pastor was arrested and convicted of having se with a minor, a deacons daughter who was 14. Another church two deacons got divorced one resigned one still holds the office. At one church the pastor didn't pay his bill for air-condition / heating that was put in his home and the company had to threaten to go to his deacon board if he did not pay the bill. One church had a Sunday School teacher that was divorcing her husband because she was sick and tired of him. She did not think she should quit teaching. a lot of people left because of that. One church has an eighty one year old pastor that reads Charles Stanley's devotional material for his message, and has no issue with an unsaved man playing "Help me make it through the night" while people are coming into the worship service.

This makes my wife and I deeply hurt and concerned.
    And what do you think the issue may be justme? Personally, I think the Baptist or Non-denominational forms of church government should raise some eyebrows. In one case you mentioned a deacon board which was eluded to as having the authority to enforce discipline over the Pastor or others, but the deacon board is merely an advisory authority.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Stats tell us many who seek the office do it as a way of exerting power and self esteem. As much as we think those in spiritual positions do so as a service to the Lord, I am afraid its not. Often the hardest person in a church to deal with from a pastors point is the treasurer. That person often begins to think they are in control of the money and their job is to protect and hold on to it.

As spiritual people we are often too trusting of the pastor and the deacons as if they are so much closer to God than we are,. But the truth is you and me can be even closer in our walk if we are willing to devote our self to Bible study and prayer, thus abiding in Him and doing His will. That's not easy, itt takes consistency and dedication and genuine love for Father God and Jesus Christ.

What do you think?
      Comment>

This is ALWAYS a tough call. Churches do have different forms of government. In the Lutheran Tradition, you get everything from Episcopal structure (Bishops, Priests, and Deacons) to the Congregationalist (every Pastor a Bishop). The Episcopal structure is arguably most efficient. If a Priest is bad, his Bishop removes him. End of story. It is also the most hierarchical, top down monarchical style, and thus open to serious abuse.

The Congregationalist, which is what my own Church (LCMS) uses, is arguably the most democratic. Which often means either (1), nothing gets done, or (2), a coterie of emotional bullies take over and a lot gets done as long as they approve. Their bullying can be based on age/seniority, money, social influence, or other factors.

Ultimately, I have found after being in three Churches, and even a few different communities beside, that Churches are run by pesky little things called human beings, and they will always mess it up to a point. The Lutherans are right. The true Church is not a visible denomination. The true Church is to be found wherever the Word of God is rightly preached and taught, and wherever the Sacraments are duly and properly administered.
        Comment>

You are so right. The true church is the actual followers of Jesus Christ. What we saw was the churches we are associated with the Southern Baptist. They are in the past or more conservative denomination basing beliefs strictly on Scripture and following it. I think that's now changed at least in some churches, as the people are so very ignorant of Scripture. But God oversee all we do. Bless you for responding.
          Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap