Ok, here is where you can post just about anything about any topic at all!

Kenosis doctrine is heresy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenosis doctrine is heresy

The kenosis (kenotic) heresy leads people to the same trap which took place in Paradise when satan lied to Eve and Adam. The evil satan tempted them to commit sin, promising them that if she would eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, they would know good and evil like God. Adam and Eve did not understand good and evil like God, from the Divine perspective, but from the human perspective. Throughout the history of man, evil satan has tried to deceive people by promising them that they would be God if only they abide by the will of satan. Of course, evil satan does not introduce himself as satan when he tries to lure people into aiming for divinity, but he lies to them, masquerading as a good angel, a spirit guide, the Holy Spirit, or God. More info: Kenosis kenotic doctrine heresy

I have to question this.
    If Jesus was fully omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent (I have a lot of trouble with Jesus being both omnipresent and incarnate at the same time, they seem mutually contradictory by definition), how does that not make big chunks of things like Hebrews a fib? It seems to deny that Jesus was fully man while incarnate and we do not have a High Priest or a second Adam who was like us. He really doesn't set an example by his life if Jesus was Deity walking the earth as Deity and calls us to follow.

I need a little more explanation on kenosis and a little less refutiation of Prosperity Theology (which is both bad theology and, in this case, a red herring).
    Last edited by atpollard; 10-07-2016, 09:39 AM.
    Comment>

Could you back up and explain the doctrine first, not just your response that it is heretical?

atpollard, it is possible for Jesus to be omnipresent and incarnate at the same time because He is God.
      Comment>

Originally posted by Knotical View Post
        Could you back up and explain the doctrine first, not just your response that it is heretical?

atpollard, it is possible for Jesus to be omnipresent and incarnate at the same time because He is God.
        So Nathaniel in John 1 would have been Jesus being omnipresent rather than any sort of empowering by the Holy Spirit that we might expect? ... Or innate divine omniscience.
        Is there a recorded instance of Jesus being in two places at once? Especially pre-resurection.
        Comment>

Originally posted by atpollard View Post
          Is there a recorded instance of Jesus being in two places at once? Especially pre-resurection.
          I recommend studying the Logos and the Hypostatic Union (John 1:1;1:14), because seeing it through such lens answers your question, yes. Jesus did not "give up" His divinity during the incarnation but only gained His humanness. John 1:1 alludes to Genesis chapter 1, and really there are so many allusions in John Chapter 1 to Genesis 1, one could study for months and never plumb its depths.

It is best to think of the Hypostatic union in a positive schema rather than a negative. That is, what was gained rather than what was lost. If the logos were no more then the Universe would of ceased to exists, but as Knotical pointed out there were a simultaneous operation, Jesus sustained creation, and the logos continued His higher operation when incarnated. Think about it like this, God created everything in six days, and sustained creation on the seventh despite His resting. Jesus was infinite (logos) and at the same time (finite) during the incarnation. Another example, Jesus died on the Cross, but at the same time God cannot die. If God actually died then the universe would cease, but God continued. Again, Jesus did not lose His divine nature, but gained His humanity during the incarnation.

I'm also glad you said "fully" man, because Jesus is fully God and fully man. Sometimes people say that Jesus was 100% God and 100% man but that would be illogical. I generally say fully or authentically which applies to Jesus' two natures or what is known as the Hypostatic union.

God bless,
          William
          Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap