Ok, here is where you can post just about anything about any topic at all!

How Many Times Do You Pray Per Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Times Do You Pray Per Day

How often do you pray? I know that there are those who pray in the morning, afternoon and in the evening. That is not the same with me. I usually pray at any time whenever I remember to pray. I like praying when travelling, working or resting at home. Besides praying for my current meals, I do pray that God allows me to get future meals.

Francis, I pray whenever I want. Whenever, I realise only God can, I ask him and he do it in the most awesome way. But I should go to God first than human sources.
    Comment>

As many times as I feel the need.
      Comment>

When it comes to praying, my mom really worked her way to making me get used to doing it every single night before going to bed, she used to paste prayers on the wall so I could memorize them, those were some beatufil times, however, I am glad to say that I still do it nowadays. It basically feels weird not to pray before going to bed, it definitely is something I already got used to do thanks to my mom and her hard work. With that being said I will tell you that I still do it most nights, sometimes I forget about doing it, it's normal, but if I see a chance to do it then I just do it, it somehow makes me feel free and comfortable with myself, it's magic.
        Comment>

Well this is one that certainly varies depending on the things that I have going on in my life. There are those days when it is just my nightly prayer, but those are pretty rare and I am pretty good about getting a prayer in in the morning, but I am guilty of forgetting every once in a while. Of course, then there are the other days when it feels like all I am doing is praying, but those are the particularly tough days and it is best that those do not come around all too often. Today was an average day, like most. Thanks for sharing.
          Comment>

I always start the day by spending time praying and reading the Bible.
            Clyde Herrin's Blog
            Comment>

It varies pretty wildly, but quite often. I start each morning with a prayer and end each day with the same. My family also says grace. Beyond that, I pray before reading the Bible and whenever else I think it is necessary.

Luther once said, and it was quoted in at least one of Spurgeon's sermons, "I have so much to do to-day that I shall never get through it with less than three hours' prayer,". I think he has a point.
              Comment>

I don't have a schedule when it comes to praying but I think I should just so I can include everyone in my prayers. I'll pray before eating ofcourse and before I go to sleep but when occasions like accidents, hospital visits, celebrations and such I make sure to offer a prayer or two.
                Comment>

I am trying to integrate prayer back into my life after years of being off the path...I try to at least while I am laying down for the night and my mind is clear. I also do it when I am driving and working back to the point where I think to do it no matter where I am or what is going on. It feels like an infinite list of things to bring before God, and sometimes that is overwhelming.
                  Comment>

Originally posted by whysewserious View Post
                    I am trying to integrate prayer back into my life after years of being off the path...I try to at least while I am laying down for the night and my mind is clear. I also do it when I am driving and working back to the point where I think to do it no matter where I am or what is going on. It feels like an infinite list of things to bring before God, and sometimes that is overwhelming.
                    It's such a good thing that you're somehow trying to get back to the path you used to be on. That's what many people in this world should do, for real. There are many people who do not really like investing five minutes of their time to have a word with God about anything they may want to talk to him about, it's a shame, but the point here is that you're not one of those people, you're doing the right thing and that's absolutely fine. It's really important to pray before going out of our homes, we never know what could happen to us outside. God bless.
                    Comment>

At the same time I try to not compare where I was then to where I was now...I have to keep in mind that trying to be where I was then may not be the same direction God wants me in now. I am still learning how to tune my proverbial ears and heart to him. BUT I do know for sure that He wants communication with me, and I figure that is as solid a place to start as any. One step at a time!
                      Comment>

Originally posted by Espiritu View Post
                        It's really important to pray before going out of our homes, we never know what could happen to us outside. God bless.
                        I am just curious....is this common would you say? I mean I get it, and I probably pray a lot before going out of the home anyways, but for some reason this seems a bit on the paranoid side of things. I may just be reading into it too much, but I would like to think that prayer is not really an ask for protection like that, but I guess in a way it can be and maybe that is what some people are looking for in their prayers. I am not opining or anything I am just curious and thought that it was an interesting point to make. Fascinating stuff, and thanks for sharing.
                        Comment>

Originally posted by rz3300 View Post

I am just curious....is this common would you say? I mean I get it, and I probably pray a lot before going out of the home anyways, but for some reason this seems a bit on the paranoid side of things. I may just be reading into it too much, but I would like to think that prayer is not really an ask for protection like that, but I guess in a way it can be and maybe that is what some people are looking for in their prayers. I am not opining or anything I am just curious and thought that it was an interesting point to make. Fascinating stuff, and thanks for sharing.
                          Well, by saying that I do not really mean that I will get any kind of special aura protection or anything like that, but it somehow goes beyond a protection, by praying before you go out is kind of a sign of confidence and faith in God because you know that God is always there with you and you just want to talk to him as you walk away so you're going to feel secure, that's all about it. Thank you too for pointing it out, hopefully you get my point :D God bless.
                          Comment>

I pray no less than 3 times a day. It's like have set prayer times though. Before each meal, I always thank God for the meal and before I sleep I also say well rounded prayers. There are people I know who are always praying almost all the time. I'd like to be more like them.
                            Comment>

I turn to prayer anytime my immediate action "is going to be" sinful. It may be a thought made of anger, for example, someone may of cut me off in traffic here in California, instead of blurting out my emotion I turn to prayer. Interacting with people on this board, especially troublesome members, before I approach them I pray, listen, and most often my approach is changed. I pray before meals, before bed, it just depends really on my circumstances. I also express my joy through prayer, when something touches my heart, I give thanks. I consider myself an analytical person, so whenever I see something pointing to God, I glorify Him through prayer. It can be something so insignificant, even a movie, if I am watching a war genre and I see someone acting in valor, honor, courage, faith, and laying his life down for his fellow man, I give thanks for this revelation, a touching moment that encourages me to act the same way in faith. I can't help but be thankful when I read from others here, every day I give thanks for the members, especially the core members that contribute much time and effort for the faith.

God bless,
                              William
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap