Ok, here is where you can post just about anything about any topic at all!

Taiwanese and Korean Dramas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taiwanese and Korean Dramas

I really enjoy watching Taiwanese and Korean dramas, I'll watch Japanese ones too I just haven't lately. I'm watching Falling In Love With Me right now and it's frustrating that the main girl is so passive about her dreams and always cries about everything. The main guy is really awesome though in his acting and character. I started watching foreign films because I missed the innocence and genuine love in American films. If there is a player in the show, he/she gets a taste of karma at the end, usually married to a harpy and working a responsible job. Does anyone else watch foreign films?

Well I have to say that I am new to these, and I really do not have experience with them, but I have to say that I am intrigued. When it comes to foreign films I really need to be in a certain mood, which does include ready to read the subtitles, which is not always the case. These sound pretty good though, and the Japanese and other Asian cultures really do have interesting takes on entertainment, so those are always fun to explore. Thanks for sharing.
    Comment>

Well, it probably may sound weird, but I personally think the best foreign movies I have ever had the opportunity to watch have mostly been Indian movies, I do not really know why, but their movies are absolutely clean and genuine, the storylines are just on point, especially their romance and special disease movies, I really believe it has something to do with their religion and their culture itself; Indian people are well known for their kindness, they're also hard workers and I really think that's why they make such good films compared to the American ones, I will not lie to you, I really enjoy American movies, but when I am looking to watch some foreign movies I do not think about it twice before watching Indian movies.
      Comment>

Originally posted by Espiritu View Post
        Well, it probably may sound weird, but I personally think the best foreign movies I have ever had the opportunity to watch have mostly been Indian movies, I do not really know why, but their movies are absolutely clean and genuine, the storylines are just on point, especially their romance and special disease movies, I really believe it has something to do with their religion and their culture itself; Indian people are well known for their kindness, they're also hard workers and I really think that's why they make such good films compared to the American ones, I will not lie to you, I really enjoy American movies, but when I am looking to watch some foreign movies I do not think about it twice before watching Indian movies.
        My mom loves to watch the Indian ones. I enjoy a couple of them, I just finished watch Bajirao Mastani. I cried so hard at the end of that movie but it was done beautifully if you have time to watch it. I find that architecture and the outfits in Indian films are almost always stunning. I do sometimes hesitate watching them because some of the saddest movies and dramas have been Indian ones, there was simply to much suffering for little payback in the end. But I do think that they are more realistic sometimes in their storylines.
        Comment>

Well I'm Asian and KDramas and Asian Dramas are life! I'm currently watching Descendants of the Sun-- you'll like it if you're into men and women in uniform. I've been meaning to watch Doctors which is a show about my favorite Asian actors and actresses in their quest to be a great doctor, I love the drama and the action. One female doctor kicks butt! I'm not so familiar with Taiwanese drama but I do know Mario Maurer.
          Comment>

Originally posted by Corinthian View Post
            Well I'm Asian and KDramas and Asian Dramas are life! I'm currently watching Descendants of the Sun-- you'll like it if you're into men and women in uniform. I've been meaning to watch Doctors which is a show about my favorite Asian actors and actresses in their quest to be a great doctor, I love the drama and the action. One female doctor kicks butt! I'm not so familiar with Taiwanese drama but I do know Mario Maurer.
            I just finished Let's Eat season one and I'm just starting Bromance, which is a Taiwanese drama. It's interesting because it starts with a scam in the beginning. A fortune teller tells a couple that they're going to have a baby and to have a C-Section. The baby ends up being a girl and sick. When the parents confront the fraud/fortune teller he tells them that the girl was born on a bad day and that she'll die soon unless she's raised as a boy until she's twenty six. The show is basically her falling in love as a man with a man who is her sworn brother a hundred days before she' can be a woman.
            Comment>

Originally posted by LeapOfFaith89 View Post

My mom loves to watch the Indian ones. I enjoy a couple of them, I just finished watch Bajirao Mastani. I cried so hard at the end of that movie but it was done beautifully if you have time to watch it. I find that architecture and the outfits in Indian films are almost always stunning. I do sometimes hesitate watching them because some of the saddest movies and dramas have been Indian ones, there was simply to much suffering for little payback in the end. But I do think that they are more realistic sometimes in their storylines.
              I love watching Asian films especially Korean and Bollywood films. Some of my most fave Bollywood movies are Kahaani, Little Stars on Earth and 3 Idiots. Have you watched these movies yet? They are really great and I highly recommend them.

I haven't heard of Bajirao Mastani but if it's really a great film then might as well I check it out :)
              Comment>

I love foreign films most specially Asian dramas I guess it's because we Asian people share almost the same culture and we can relate with experiences easily. Mostly I've been watching KDrama and Movies because their stories are unique and entertaining .
                Comment>

Originally posted by Jasmin Cottontail View Post

I love watching Asian films especially Korean and Bollywood films. Some of my most fave Bollywood movies are Kahaani, Little Stars on Earth and 3 Idiots. Have you watched these movies yet? They are really great and I highly recommend them.

I haven't heard of Bajirao Mastani but if it's really a great film then might as well I check it out :)
                  I haven't watched those movies but I'll check them out. Bajiao Mastani was good but it's sad, fair warning.
                  Comment>

Originally posted by LeapOfFaith89 View Post

I haven't watched those movies but I'll check them out. Bajiao Mastani was good but it's sad, fair warning.
                    I see.Who is the main character of the movie? Or the main actor? Is it based on a true story? Well as long as it isn't based on real life events, even though the movie has a sad ending then I guess it's fine for me. Not unless if it's a true story, I can still watch it but it will make me feel more awful knowing that what I have watched is based on a true story. But since that you've mentioned this one, I'll certainly check it out and see it for myself :) Thanks for the suggestion!
                    Comment>
                    Working...
                    X
                    Articles - News - SiteMap