Ok, here is where you can post just about anything about any topic at all!

Be Prepared People!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be Prepared People!

As of tomorrow we are all going to die! Or at least start to.

Is this supposed to be a joke? I don't get it... But it reminds me of the poem about as soon as we take our first breath, we begin to die... Scary, but true.
    Comment>

Probably just more fearmongering from the "scientific" community that will be used to try to push through more environmental legislation.
      Comment>

Hi Knotical, I remember being in a Gallery/Bookstore in Carmel by the Sea that featured Ansel Adam's work (this was back in 1993, if memory serves). I'd only been a Christian for about 7 years then and I listened, in horror, at the conversation that was going on between a large group of people there as they openly discussed this very topic and our need to do something about it. Their answers (to help slow the earth's inevitable destruction) centered around our need to increase awareness and encouragement for things like birth control, abortion, sterilization/mandatory population control, euthanasia, and destigmatizing the gay lifestyle (thus my reaction to their conversation).

Much of what they thought would help reduce the size of the human "infestation" here on planet earth has come to pass, but the results they hoped for have not ;)

--David
        Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
        Comment>

Well this is not really the thing that I like to see to start my day, but yet again I cannot say that I am too surprised. We continue to go and use up these resources without real regard to the effects of it and where we are going to get them when they run out, or what will happen when they run out. It is certainly disturbing that this date is coming earlier and earlier every year, but it is a good little measuring stick for us as a species. If we can effectively work to go the other way, and have this day get later and later, that will be real progress. Until I see that, though, I am sure this current, less optimistic, trend will continue.
          Comment>

Well, there are many roumors which say that earth was given to us to make a new earth out from it, I do believe that human beings have been abusing of the whole planet like a lot, we're messing it up every single day more, people are not concious these days and I am aware of it, this is basically something we can not avoid and which will never happen, today's society is mostly worried about the new iPhone 7 or probably about the new car that is going to be released the next month and whatnot, the point is people do not really care about the planet nowadays, it's something that's completely out of our hands, we have to let god decide, that's my opinion though.
            Comment>

You know the article is a joke when China and India weren't at the top of that list. I get that everyone wants to make America the bad guy but there is no way we are out eating those two countries. It's not even taking into consideration how much China has already bought in supplies from steel to concrete to continue building for all their growing population. As for not making enough food, this is a lie, we grow enough calories to feed the world and have some left to rot in silos around the United States. This is ignorant fear mongering that politicians are using to manipulate the public.
              Comment>
              Working...
              X
              Articles - News - SiteMap