Ok, here is where you can post just about anything about any topic at all!

Apparently this is a thing now.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently this is a thing now.

A new word has been coined in regard to the new "breed" of youngsters: Threenagers

Did Trump copyright this one yet?

I certainly hope this doesn't catch on.
    Comment>

What does the word threenagers mean? A group of teenager?
      Comment>

Originally posted by filmjunkie08 View Post
        What does the word threenagers mean? A group of teenager?
        Threeanagers is a way of describing a three year old that has the bad attitude of a spoiled teenager. Personally, I think there is a breed of spoiled toddlers who have attitudes of entitlement because their parents gave them everything but I think brat is a perfectly acceptable word. At some point, I wish people would stop combining words when there are perfectly acceptable ones in a thesaurus if anyone would bother to look.
        Comment>

Well that is just plain confusing, and I thought that it would have been someone who is a teenager but just had some twist on it that related to three for some reason. I will admit my first inclination was to think that it was something sexual, just because the tone of the title seemed like it is disappointment, or something you would say while you are shaking your head. I am with Knotical on this one, though, and I really really hope that this does not catch on, which almost certainly means that it will. Thanks for sharing.
          Comment>

I had a look around and it appears that usage of the word is catching on. One article I read describes a threenager as "a three year old with a stubborn streak." Young children can be defiant but parents shouldn't try to cope with difficult behavior they must instead make the toddlers give up the bad behavior — "Whoever spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is diligent to discipline him/her."
            Comment>

Originally posted by LeapOfFaith89 View Post

Threeanagers is a way of describing a three year old that has the bad attitude of a spoiled teenager. Personally, I think there is a breed of spoiled toddlers who have attitudes of entitlement because their parents gave them everything but I think brat is a perfectly acceptable word. At some point, I wish people would stop combining words when there are perfectly acceptable ones in a thesaurus if anyone would bother to look.
              Amen to that. When people decided that spanking was the wrong choice when punishing their unruly brats, the brats took over the world. This trend is getting way out of hand to the point that now we are supposed to let the child decide when he is ready to do this or that, or the other thing. When five year olds start going to kindergarten in diapers, we will know we've hit some kind of wall here. I've seen very tall children around the ages of nine or ten who are sucking on pacifiers and not even trying to hide it. They were told it was okay to continue acting like a baby and so they feel justified in doing so. Allowing very little children to make drastic decisions regarding their own care and upbringing is a really bad idea and I have no idea how it possibly could have caught on like it did. Surely the parents of these children must go crazy trying to put up with their brats... oh wait. I forgot. They go off to work and send the brats to pre-school for some other unlucky soul to look after all day.
              Comment>

Originally posted by Novelangel View Post

Amen to that. When people decided that spanking was the wrong choice when punishing their unruly brats, the brats took over the world. This trend is getting way out of hand to the point that now we are supposed to let the child decide when he is ready to do this or that, or the other thing. When five year olds start going to kindergarten in diapers, we will know we've hit some kind of wall here. I've seen very tall children around the ages of nine or ten who are sucking on pacifiers and not even trying to hide it. They were told it was okay to continue acting like a baby and so they feel justified in doing so. Allowing very little children to make drastic decisions regarding their own care and upbringing is a really bad idea and I have no idea how it possibly could have caught on like it did. Surely the parents of these children must go crazy trying to put up with their brats... oh wait. I forgot. They go off to work and send the brats to pre-school for some other unlucky soul to look after all day.
                I know right, the kids these day are so rude. Part of the reason is because they know that their parents can't punish them in public. Kids know this so they can act however they want because they can just call the cops on their parents for disciplining them. It's actually really tragic for this generation. Then you have the other kids where the kids are given everything in the attempt to distract them instead of raising them.
                Comment>

Originally posted by LeapOfFaith89 View Post

I know right, the kids these day are so rude. Part of the reason is because they know that their parents can't punish them in public. Kids know this so they can act however they want because they can just call the cops on their parents for disciplining them. It's actually really tragic for this generation. Then you have the other kids where the kids are given everything in the attempt to distract them instead of raising them.
                  Exactly. I once watched my sister in-law give her three year old son a lollypop to stop him from having a very loud and obnoxious tantrum inside a store. I couldn't believe my eyes when she actually rewarded him for being bad. I hope she doesn't ever wonder where his bad behaviors come from because she has trained him well. As far as disciplining in public goes, I think parents are more afraid than they really need to be, since I've heard police officers say that spanking is fine as long as only the flat of the hand is used. I can only imagine the surprise and shock (not to mention humiliation) these children will feel when the parents eventually call their bluff and give them a whooping in public. ;)
                  Comment>

It's an interesting term but I do know some three year olds that do behave like angry teenagers - three seems to be a very tough age to parent! The young ones are learning more about the world and wanting a degree of independence - but they're just not ready for it and I think that's where a lot of the tantrums stem from!

I actually think it's quite a funny way of describing a three year old, but I don't know if it would work its' way into my everyday vocabulary or anything like that!
                    Comment>

Depending on how you have raised your children, often the threat of discipline will be enough to control them in public. But if you have allowed them to behave how they want in public without consequences, or if you have made threats before and failed to follow up on them, then it would not come as a surprise that your children don't listen to you in public and they will be even harder to control when there are strangers around. They know they have an advantage over you and they will be quick to use it. I always make sure that I discipline my little girl immediately when she does something wrong, even if we are in public. I might not necessarily spank her right there and then in the store if she is throwing a tantrum, but I might take her aside and tell her that if she doesn't stop then she will have to have a time out in the car. This usually works for me.
                      Comment>
                      Working...
                      X
                      Articles - News - SiteMap