Ok, here is where you can post just about anything about any topic at all!

Favorite Christian Singers/Bands?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Christian Singers/Bands?

What are some of your favorite Christian singers or bands?

Michael Card is definitely high on my list. I also love "Glad" and "First Call". Kari Jobe comes to mind for contemporary worship music. And oddly for this 60 yr old, I also like a lot of Lacrea's music.

--David
    Last edited by David Lee; 07-16-2016, 12:20 AM.
    Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
    Comment>

My favourite Christian band is Hillsong Young & Free and favourite singer is Hollyn. They are awesome. There's many other good options like Chris Tomlin, Jesus Culture, for Kings & Country, Matthew West, etc. and they all are amazing.
      Comment>

I like a variety of artists across many genres.

TobyMac
        Selah
        Michael Card
        Newsboys
        Kelly Willard
        Building 429
        Chris Tomlin
        Casting Crowns
        Kari Jobe
        Skillet (Did I say that out loud?) :p
        Andrew Peterson
        Audio Adrenaline
        Bebo Norman
        Third Day
        Shane and Shane
        Bryan Duncan
        Christy Nockels (Watermark)
        Phil Wickham
        Colton Dixon
        Ginny Owens
        Lauren Daigle
        Mandisa

I probably missed a few. :)
        Comment>

Bookish Girl, awesome list.
          Comment>

I would have to say MerceMe, hands down.

I don't much care for Skillet, as I have found their lyrics to be rather naive, if not entirely misleading to new believers. I have found it interesting, however, that I have heard their music played on secular hard rock stations.
            Comment>

I love Brooke Fraser - her voice is amazing. She's sung for Hillsong before so some of you might know her already.

I also really like Matt Redman. His stuff is a regular on my playlists!
              Comment>

I am not really that big into Christian music, I mean I like it and all but it is just not something that I actively research or get into on a regular basis. I am kind of that way with all music, though, so it is nothing against the genre. I have heard of Brooke Frasier and from what I remember she was very talented and did have a great voice, and some of the other ones of the list that BookishGirl compiled rang some bells, but nothing substantial. Thanks for sharing though, and maybe I will look a little more into some of the names here.
                Comment>

Originally posted by rz3300 View Post
                  I am not really that big into Christian music, I mean I like it and all but it is just not something that I actively research or get into on a regular basis. I am kind of that way with all music, though, so it is nothing against the genre. I have heard of Brooke Frasier and from what I remember she was very talented and did have a great voice, and some of the other ones of the list that BookishGirl compiled rang some bells, but nothing substantial. Thanks for sharing though, and maybe I will look a little more into some of the names here.
                  One of my favorites by her is the song Faithful.

When I can't feel you, I have learned to reach out just the same
                  When I can't hear you, I know you still hear every word I pray
                  And i want you more than I want to live another day
                  And as I wait for you maybe I'm made more faithful
                  Comment>

Although I have many favorite Christian Singers. Jeremy Camp is at the top of my list. My favorite song is Christ In Me.

He is a wonderful songwriter, singer and Christian Musician.:)
                    ​
                    Comment>

My favorite Christian band is Hill Song United. I really love their songs ever since the first time hearing them. Two of my favorites are Still and Through It All. I remember the first time I heard their songs when a local band in our church played Still and I got goosebumps all over and started to cry. I can say that it's lyrics and melody are very powerful especially when you are in a tough situation.
                      Comment>

Mine favourite is John Waller, Jesus Culture, Skillet, MercyMe.
                        Comment>

I have a list of top Best Christian Singers.... Choose :)
                          Female Christian Singers
                          Comment>

I like Enya and see her(irish singer songwriter)listed under Christian music sometimes but they usually list her under the New Age category. Her music does have some angelic choruses though and her songs do deal with the human condition a lot like grief,love and the beauty of nature. Enya does create some heavenly music though,and it feeds the soul and their is religious music on her albums as well.
                            Comment>

I only have two brands that i actually enjoy listening to and who follow closely for their latest updates and tracks, which are Red and Skillet.
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap