Ok, here is where you can post just about anything about any topic at all!

Dante's Inferno and other Christian Works?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dante's Inferno and other Christian Works?

Have you read Dante's Inferno? I read it in a class where I had an awesome teacher explain the history of the people mentioned and the visuals that were influenced by it. So have you read it, did you struggle with it? Have you read the other two books that go with it? And have you read other Christian inspired fiction book, or non fiction?

I read Dante's Inferno back in college. Definately a humans view of Hell. It is interesting, but not Biblically basef.
    Comment>

Originally posted by filmjunkie08 View Post
      I read Dante's Inferno back in college. Definately a humans view of Hell. It is interesting, but not Biblically basef.
      I don't remember what it was based off of but it was based on a religious text, not the Bible, that was acceptable companion book for Christians back then. Dante was definitely a narcissus and written to glorify himself but it was interesting. It inspired a lot of great artwork but was kind of disturbing to read.
      Comment>

I am curious as to why you call it a "Christian Work."
        Comment>

Originally posted by Knotical View Post
          I am curious as to why you call it a "Christian Work."
          I just Christian Works, as in something that references the Bible or Christian literature. The subject was originally intended for fictional books but Christian works could include the Book of Enoch, the Apocrypha, Didache (Doctrine of The Twelve Apostles), or more modern texts like Walking With Christ (Max Lucado) or a book on the History of Christianity. Dante's work was based of the Book of Enoch which was used to be an important Christian text during his time, not equal to the Bible of course, but important, making it a Christian 'inspired' work.
          Comment>

I've read. He's a genius to me. The Divine Comedy is an awesome book to read again and again. Dante had a very deep imagination which I totally do appreciate.

And yep, I wouldn't call that "a Christian work". This tag seems to be a little bit shallow.
            Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap