Ok, here is where you can post just about anything about any topic at all!

What do you think of the Westboro Baptist Church?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of the Westboro Baptist Church?

I just watched an episode from the Louis Theroux documentary on the Westboro Baptist Church (The most hated family in America). Although I kind of heard of them before, I have never had such a close look at their beliefs and activities. What do you think of them? I for one believe it is a positive thing that they are tolerated no matter how controversial they are.

Originally posted by CarlosTL View Post
    I just watched an episode from the Louis Theroux documentary on the Westboro Baptist Church (The most hated family in America). Although I kind of heard of them before, I have never had such a close look at their beliefs and activities. What do you think of them? I for one believe it is a positive thing that they are tolerated no matter how controversial they are.
    Hi Carlos,

I don't particularly care for "how" they deliver the message. And I question some of their message as it appears - a thread of truth is weaved into some falsehood. What I am concerned about is them being muzzled, unless we are prepared to bring back anti heretic laws and burning people at the stake for untruths, the liberals will not differentiate between them and mainstream Christians. That would be in opposition actually to the liberal worldview where all truth is relative. When Westboro loses its right to peacefully protest we should expect "them" to come after us too.

One of the most difficult things in America is having someone speak at the top of their lungs against everything I believe in. Whenever I see Westboro show up it is a peaceful picket or protest though I disagree with many things they say or how they go about it. Look around, there's far more worse going on at the moment. I see no evidence to suggest that Westboro promotes violence. So like you, I believe it is positive that people are limited to what they can do to them or even us by our Constitution.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

I don't mind the Westboro Baptist Church since most of them seem to know the bible really well. I think the media always shows them in a hugely unflattering light because they stand their ground in what they believe instead of giving in to popular opinion. Online, I've talked to a couple, though who knows, and they could site very quickly from the bible where they got their beliefs and opinions. I do wish they were a little less aggressive but I still can't decide if it's because they are being aggressive or defensive of their beliefs constantly being attacked.
      Comment>

An apostate church that does not reflect true Christian values. I do not know anywhere in the bible where Jesus would have stood with a protest sign at someones funeral denouncing some aspect of the life of the person who passed. Quite reprehensible behavior, quite honestly, and does not help the cause of the Christian church in any way.

That being said, God can use any circumstance to bring Him glory, but there is a lot of ground to cover with anyone who is exposed to one of the WBC's protest rallies.
        Comment>

I've seen the Louis Theroux documentary about the Westboro Baptist Church too. I personally think they are nothing like what true Christians should be like. All I have seen them do is spew hate, and it breaks my heart to see that they call themselves Christians but hate anyone and everyone out there.

It's also hurtful to me when I see them picketing things like veteran's funerals - as someone with a family that serves in the military, it would sicken me if I lost a loved one trying to defend our country and then people were picketing their funeral. I think they have poor judgement and just a culture of hate. Love is what we need to be promoting - and to me they don't do that. Not one bit.
          Comment>

Originally posted by Knotical View Post
            An apostate church that does not reflect true Christian values. I do not know anywhere in the bible where Jesus would have stood with a protest sign at someones funeral denouncing some aspect of the life of the person who passed. Quite reprehensible behavior, quite honestly, and does not help the cause of the Christian church in any way.
            I don't think Jesus would hold a protest sign. Though He did say let the dead bury the dead...

God bless,
            William
            Comment>

I don't like them whatsoever. Even though they may be good at knowing the fundamentals, their behavior repulses me. It feels like they are promoting hate. That's not what Christianity is all about. So, I'd say they are kind of responsible for creating a negative image of the whole religion.
              Comment>

The Westboro Baptist Church is a joke and the entire church makes me sick to my stomach. They practice some of the most terrible acts at funerals. I don't understand their logic and it seems like they pull random things out of the bible and twist them until they become their own crazy views. After seeing the members of this church attend funerals, holding protest signs, I have no interest in associating with them. The group members are insane. They go out of their way to hurt others in the name of God and make a point to constantly put others in harms way. There is nothing Godly about this church. This church is evil at its finest.
                Comment>

Westboro Baptist Church is 'pants' for me as well.
                  Comment>

Lets forget Westboro for a moment.

Comment>
                    Working...
                    X
                    Articles - News - SiteMap