Ok, here is where you can post just about anything about any topic at all!

What Are You Proud About

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Are You Proud About

If you had been through a hard life, having no success story, what can you be proud about? Will you be proud about your family, daily income or your life? I never feel stressed whenever I value my talent.

Remember Solomon was the wealthiest man that ever lived? One of the wisest men that ever lived? He did all he could to pursue happiness, married hundreds of wives, worshipped numerous gods but at the end of it all he said, life is meaningless. The only one thing we should be proud of in this life, is knowing God. [[[ Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; 24but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD who exercises lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth; for I delight in these things," declares the LORD. 25"Behold, the days are coming," declares the LORD]]].
    Comment>

Thus says the LORD: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the LORD.” (Jeremiah 9:23-24 ESV)
      Clyde Herrin's Blog
      Comment>

I'm proud of how much I've grown in the past year. I can't even recognize the mess of a human being I used to be. I don't even want to be that person again, and I know God won't allow it. I'm proud that I got into university and I'll be studying something I love, I'm proud that I fixed my relationship and got all the love back into my life. I'm proud I have given up on bad habits and that I asked forgiveness for my mistakes.
        Comment>

We should be proud and boast in our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us by becoming sin for us so that we may be righteous. Even Paul, boasted in this.
          Comment>

I am proud of making my way through school. One of the hardest decisions I've ever made was to break free of my home and finally make something of myself. I was once a person that would spend most of their free time at home. Putting an effort into becoming an esthetician has helped my life tremendously. My confidence has come back and I am just an all around happier person. The only way is up from here. It will be an even more prouder moment when I'm holding my diploma.

Other than myself, I am proud of my fiance for pushing himself to do great things. He has done everything in his power to move up in his career. My heart is filled with joy every time I see how much work he has done and how much he has succeeded.
            Comment>

Well thank you for asking the question, because I am the type of person who is pretty negative about themselves and focus on the bad things, but every once in a while a little exercise in recognizing the positives really does help me out. It gives a me a sense of accomplishment, which I can always use in my corner. I am proud of my education, like lexinonomous - and I am also proud of the way I carry myself. I am also proud to say I do what I do for a living, and I think that really goes a long way.
              Comment>

Yes, it can be difficult to feel like you have anything to be proud of if you have had a hard life. There have been many times over the last fourteen years when I have felt like I had nothing to live for. Thankfully, with time, there is always a chance for hope and change.

I am proud that I had the strength to leave my abusive husband. It took a lot of strength and courage, and I got that from good, loving people, not all of whom were Christians. Some would say you shouldn't take pride in anything if you're a Christian, but I think there's a difference between taking pride and being full of yourself. I definitely am proud of how far I've come.
                Comment>

I'm probably most proud in life when I can help someone else. To me, that's what life is all about - being able to give back to people, to make someone else's day a little brighter - and that makes me immensely proud when I am able to do that.

Personally I am also proud of the way I am raising my daughter, to be kind and curious about the world around her. I'm proud of my husband and how hard he works to provide for our family, I'm proud of our faith and that we encourage others in theirs, too.
                  Comment>

I'm really proud that I'm finally learning a skill (sewing) and that I'm planning to open my own business soon. I'm also really proud of how much I've grown since 2 years ago, when I was in my worst days. I'm proud that I've healed mentally and that I'm finally actually stable, both mentally and physically. I'm proud that I'm taking better care of myself, socializing more and not being lazy. I feel like this year will be life changing and will make me realize so many things I took really long to realize. I want to grow professionally this year and get some financial stability as well.
                    Comment>

I am proud that my 17 year old is in his last year of high school. He does not drink or smoke and I never have to worry about him staying out late. I hope he will find happiness in college.
                      Comment>

I'm proud of my family more than anything, it sounds cliche and silly but it's true. Over the years we've well and truly been through a lot but have pulled through, we help each other when we're down and celebrate each other when we're strong. A strong family is the key to happiness and prosperity.
                        Comment>

Originally posted by turnb43 View Post
                          I'm proud of my family more than anything, it sounds cliche and silly but it's true. Over the years we've well and truly been through a lot but have pulled through, we help each other when we're down and celebrate each other when we're strong. A strong family is the key to happiness and prosperity.
                          Well said! I think having a strong family who sticks together is a great foundation - I think it helps in so many aspects of life to know you have a support network to cheer each other on through the good, and encourage each other to get back up through the bad. I'm so thankful for my family too - I couldn't imagine life without them, to be honest.
                          Comment>
                          Working...
                          X
                          Articles - News - SiteMap