Ok, here is where you can post just about anything about any topic at all!

Jerusalem or other Holy sites?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerusalem or other Holy sites?

Has anyone actually gone to Jerusalem? Or other Holy sites? Any advice for new travelers?

I have a question. Is Jerusalem stil holy? In Revelations Jerusalem is referred to as "Sodom" and Egypt [[[ When the two witnesses have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the abyss will wage war with them, and will overpower and kill them. 8Their bodies will lie in the street of the great city — figuratively called Sodom and Egypt — where their Lord was also crucified. ]]]. Does this mean that God rejected Jerusalem when the Jews rejected Christ? It wouldn't be the first time — [[[. . .the LORD said, "I will also banish Judah from my presence just as I have banished Israel. And I will reject my chosen city of Jerusalem and the Temple where my name was to be honored."]]]. Do we attribute holiness to Jerusalem when God no longer does?
    Comment>

I have never been, but I have often dreamed of visiting the Holy Land. Perhaps some day I will be able to. I have known at least one person who went and he said it was well worth it.
      Comment>

Originally posted by Smithee View Post
        I have a question. Is Jerusalem stil holy? In Revelations Jerusalem is referred to as "Sodom" and Egypt [[[ When the two witnesses have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the abyss will wage war with them, and will overpower and kill them. 8Their bodies will lie in the street of the great city — figuratively called Sodom and Egypt — where their Lord was also crucified. ]]]. Does this mean that God rejected Jerusalem when the Jews rejected Christ? It wouldn't be the first time — [[[. . .the LORD said, "I will also banish Judah from my presence just as I have banished Israel. And I will reject my chosen city of Jerusalem and the Temple where my name was to be honored."]]]. Do we attribute holiness to Jerusalem when God no longer does?
        Well, historically Jerusalem is a holy city. We don't know when Revelations is going to happen so technically it should still be. Jerusalem reference to Sodom in an allegory to how horrible the end times will be. I found Revelations to be a very dense blend of prophecy, allegory, and symbolism. I don't presume to know what God knows, I only wanted to know if you have been to a place that is talked about in the Bible.
        Comment>
        Working...
        X
        Articles - News - SiteMap