Ok, here is where you can post just about anything about any topic at all!

Batman as Moses?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batman as Moses?

The story of Moses is probably one of the most famous, after Jesus's resurrection of course, and my favorite growing up. On some level, I grew up with the cartoon version of Prince of Egypt as my version of Moses. Moses is supposed to be a tanned Jewish man who lived in Egypt. I still think of him that way. So imagine my distress and confusion watching Exodus and see Batman play Moses. I couldn't separate the two characters watching the movie because of his voice. It bothered me that there were so many white people in Egypt when it's in Africa before the Roman Empire took it over. Have you seen the movie? Did it bother you? And please tell me what your favorite version of Moses's story, in movie format, is?

Originally posted by LeapOfFaith89 View Post
    It bothered me that there were so many white people in Egypt when it's in Africa before the Roman Empire took it over. Have you seen the movie? Did it bother you?
    Yes I have and yes it did but it had nothing to do with skin color. The movies was trash.

Comment>

Are you talking about Christian Bale? Never saw any film version where he played Moses. The only film version I have seen is the one with Charleton Heston, who, if memory serves, never played Batman.

When did the film to which you are referring come out?
      Comment>

Originally posted by Knotical View Post
        Are you talking about Christian Bale? Never saw any film version where he played Moses. The only film version I have seen is the one with Charleton Heston, who, if memory serves, never played Batman.

When did the film to which you are referring come out?
        Exodus: Gods and Kings - Wikipedia

Comment>

Originally posted by Origen View Post
          Ah, I do believe I saw the trailer for that, but never had a desire to see it. I think I remember many faith groups panning it due to how unbiblical it was.
          Comment>

Originally posted by Knotical View Post
            Ah, I do believe I saw the trailer for that, but never had a desire to see it. I think I remember many faith groups panning it due to how unbiblical it was.
            You did not miss a thing.

Comment>

The movie was disgusting. Audiences are supposed to believe that Moses' encounter with God was a hallucination. How many people do you think believed that? I have no doubt that there are many who believed that nonsense. But it's what Hollywood has been doing for a while now — try to make people believe lies when they can't convince them that God doesn't exist. By the way have you ever noticed that the film industry heavily promotes witchcraft and pagan religions?
              Comment>

I thought this was going to be a post comparing the actions of Batman the comic book character with Moses. I was really interested to read all about it. Then I read your post, and yes, I agree, I don't think Bale was the best fit for the part, but it's part of what people call "whitewashing" in Hollywood, where they cast roles meant for other races or ethnicity and just give them to a white prominent icon in movies. I don't think the masses can really do anything about it, unless they boycott the movies that these things happen. I have seen Asian roles being cast to American whites, and like you said, Middle Eastern or Egyptian roles especially when it comes to Biblical translations are still given to actors that are from the States. There's really nothing much we can do, sadly.
                Comment>
                Working...
                X
                Articles - News - SiteMap