Ok, here is where you can post just about anything about any topic at all!

One World Religion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One World Religion

While googling on internet, I found a website: One World Religion: Pope Francis Says All Major Religions Are ‘Meeting God In Different Ways’ » Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind! .
    Is this true that Pope Francis is creating unity between major world religions. Then, this would eventually lead to One World Religion . Also, most of the Christians in the world are Catholic, therefore their more chances that Catholicism would meddle with governmental affairs and eventually pave the way to One World Government. Would do yo think about it?

The Bible foretells the establishment of a one world religion, the worship of the Antichrist. Perhaps Satan is using the pope to prepare people to accept this religion.
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

I doubt anything like this would happen in Pope Francis' lifetime. There is just too much division in this world, between countries, religions, denominations, etc...

We just have not seen anyone you could possibly have the skills necessary to unite everyone under one banner.
      Comment>

Originally posted by Knotical View Post
        I doubt anything like this would happen in Pope Francis' lifetime. There is just too much division in this world, between countries, religions, denominations, etc...

We just have not seen anyone you could possibly have the skills necessary to unite everyone under one banner.
        I think concerning the "Man of lawlessness" there is one that can bring most people under his banner:
        • 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12 Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false, in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

I find great consolation in Revelation 13:7-8, recognizing that we are in God's hands and that the faithful saints shall persevere:
        • Also it was allowed to make war on the saints and to conquer them. And authority was given it over every tribe and people and language and nation, and all who dwell on earth will worship it, everyone whose name has not been written before the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slain.

God bless,
        William
        Comment>

The ecumenical movement has been alive for a while. Their goal? Create a one world religion. As the Catholic church [via Pope Francis] has been going round calling Muslims brothers it won't be long before the New age religion also gets accepted by the Catholic church as "Christian." And when that happens reeling in a lot of the othe apostate denominations won't be that hard. But I don't think we'll have a one world religion in a decade or two.
          Comment>

The Pope may be talking of ecumenism which I understand as a cooperation among Christian denominations. But that one-world-religion may be a misnomer, maybe a one-Christian-religion is more apt. Pardon me if there is a Muslim here but it looks like Christianity and Islam are poles apart when it comes to practice. It is impossible for Christians to have an ecumenical relation with Muslims.

Back to the topic, I think it is good to have a one-world-religion even if it's only in principle. As one friend said, he has an inclination to turn atheist because he is getting confused with the countless religions in the world. With emphasis on Christianity, he said that there is 1 Bible but now it seems that there are so many versions. And which is accurate and which is not? Well, the guy has a point but I don't think turning atheist is the answer to his confusion.
            Comment>

I agree that it will never happen where Christianity and Islam will be able to co-exist peacefully, considering the fact that one of Islam's chief doctrines is to convert everyone to Islam or kill them. Not much room for anything else.
              Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
                The Bible foretells the establishment of a one world religion, the worship of the Antichrist. Perhaps Satan is using the pope to prepare people to accept this religion.

The antichrist is simply anyone who denies God.
                Comment>

Originally posted by Corzhens View Post
                  With emphasis on Christianity, he said that there is 1 Bible but now it seems that there are so many versions. And which is accurate and which is not? Well, the guy has a point but I don't think turning atheist is the answer to his confusion.
                  I would not be so quick to yield that point. Pick any three translations and read a chapter from all three side by side. Are the words different? Probably. Is the meaning different? Probably not.

All the different 'versions' prove, is that English is not the original language of the Bible, so someone had to translate it.
                  Terms like 'right version' and 'accurate and not' tend to suggest that they do not understand the basic concept of "what is a translation?"

DO NOT TAKE MY WORD FOR IT.
                  Read several versions for yourself and make up your own mind.
                  Are the differences important?

I'd like to hear what you decide after reading it for yourself.
                  Comment>

Originally posted by AGustOfWind View Post
                    The antichrist is simply anyone who denies God.
                    Here is what the Bible says about antichrist:
                    Children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come.
                    (1 John 2:18 ESV)
                    One antichrist is coming in the future but many antichrists have alreaddy come. The antichrists who have already come are people who deny God. The one who is coming will claim to be God.
                    Clyde Herrin's Blog
                    Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
                      Here is what the Bible says about antichrist:
                      Children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come.
                      (1 John 2:18 ESV)
                      One antichrist is coming in the future but many antichrists have alreaddy come. The antichrists who have already come are people who deny God. The one who is coming will claim to be God.
                      I see. Well, I'm a preterist.

Side note: I feel like Christians and Catholics are brothers and sisters in Christ (Some, at least.)
                      Comment>

Well, this is certainly terrifying. I was hoping not to see Revelations in my lifetime. I don't understand why the Catholic Church is allowing him so much freedom. I do understand where he's coming from with the sentiment that all people are the children of God because he made us. I also believe that everyone who believes is looking for the one true God but I completely disagree that any path to God will do the trick. What is the point of giving yourself to Jesus and God, if any god or goddess will do? The whole video's theme is completely illogical. Each religion is different whether they have one god or multiple gods, their idea of an afterlife, and their ideas of right and wrong.
                        Comment>

Originally posted by LeapOfFaith89 View Post
                          I was hoping not to see Revelations in my lifetime.
                          Don't worry about it. All who are born again will watch the events in Revelation from Heaven. All of Revelation from chapter 4 to the end describes events that will take place after the church has been removed via the rapture. If you want to know what the Bible teaches about the future here is a good place to start:

Page not found - Rapture Ready

There are a lot of people on this forum who don't agree with this. There are two views of prophecy: preterism teaches that most prophecies were fulfilled in the first century and futurism teaches that most prophecies refer to events that are still in the future. The link is to a site that teacher futursm; I believe that most members of this forum are preterists. I am sure that they will provide an alternate explanation to what I have posted here.
                          Clyde Herrin's Blog
                          Comment>

Originally posted by Smithee View Post
                            ..... it won't be long before the New age religion also gets accepted by the Catholic church as "Christian."
                            Do you have any evidence for that or is it just a piece of anti-Catholic bigotry?

Comment>

Originally posted by Corzhens View Post
                              The Pope may be talking of ecumenism which I understand as a cooperation among Christian denominations. But that one-world-religion may be a misnomer, maybe a one-Christian-religion is more apt. Pardon me if there is a Muslim here but it looks like Christianity and Islam are poles apart when it comes to practice. It is impossible for Christians to have an ecumenical relation with Muslims.
                              Like Christianity there are many different Islamic groups. Even within the two main groupings of Sunni and Shia there are differences. I think it is possible for the Catholic Church to have good relationships with some Islamic groups - probably better than with some "christian" groups that think Catholcisim is the whore of babylon and the Pope Satan incarnate.

I don't see the problem in building bridges rather than shouting insults from the opposite banks.

Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap