Ok, here is where you can post just about anything about any topic at all!

Which stream?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which stream?

Hey friends. I want a suggestion about which career should I choose. I'm in Class X in India and next year I've to choose which stream should I choose. I have a very eerie interest. I love three subjects the most: Astrophysics, Computer Science and History. I just want a stream through which I could easily migrate to US or any other country. My family's financial condition is not well. My sister has met with a head injury two years before at that time which has robbed us financially. At that time I was an unbeliever. I just want to study in any foreign country but first of all I should choose my stream. I'm very confused. How can I migrate to another country on the basis of education on low income? Which job has the most demand in US and UK? I wanna settle on my own. I'm currently studying in a CBSE based school. Please give me suggestions.

In America there is a great demand for people with scientific training. Either astrophysics or computer science would be helpful. It seems unlikely to me that history would help you as much if this is your goal.

Ultimately it is up to God to help you achieve your goals. You need to spend time praying for his guidance.
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

Here in america we may have a good demand in the corporate world for various positions, but quite honestly the area of the workforce that is seriously lacking is trades. Meaning people in the construction, plumbing, mechanic, welders, etc... The section of the population that makes up most of these positions is aging, and quickly, without an adequate number of younger people taking their place. Along that vein if you learn a trade you will be employable for life, where working in the corporate world will end up getting you pigeon-holed into one role or another, unless you are ambitious enough to work toward an executive position.

The great thing about learning a trade, as well, is that you are able to start your own business and once you have earned a reputation you can almost write your own paycheck.
      Comment>

Originally posted by Knotical View Post
        Here in america we may have a good demand in the corporate world for various positions, but quite honestly the area of the workforce that is seriously lacking is trades. Meaning people in the construction, plumbing, mechanic, welders, etc... The section of the population that makes up most of these positions is aging, and quickly, without an adequate number of younger people taking their place. Along that vein if you learn a trade you will be employable for life, where working in the corporate world will end up getting you pigeon-holed into one role or another, unless you are ambitious enough to work toward an executive position.

The great thing about learning a trade, as well, is that you are able to start your own business and once you have earned a reputation you can almost write your own paycheck.
        Couldn't agree more. I left the military never pursuing my career as an F-16 Crew Chief. Instead I went into the automotive industry and never ran into a time thereafter where I couldn't find a job. Personally, I think most of the current generation are a little too worried about getting a little dirt or grease under their finger nails. If ya know what I mean, they are a little light footed for my tastes, teehee. Seriously though, I went to school for an apprenticeship program working for a GM dealership and worked in the shop until I got an opportunity to "skate" in sales. My trade was golden, matter of fact I told my daughter that if she couldn't obtain a scholarship I would only support a trade. She graduates next year from nursing school, in a way I guess she told me!

God bless,
        William
        Comment>

Originally posted by Knotical View Post

Precisely what I was thinking as well. The sciences, particularly computer science, tend to become obsolete very quickly, which means you have to constantly upgrade your training. You are always learning, which can cut into actual work (and earning) time. With the essential trades, you have a career that basically can go on forever. Plumbers will always be needed, automotive engineers will always be needed, construction workers are always needed as well. Sciences can go south very quickly at times, particularly the more outlandish ones. I think this will be true no matter where you decide to go to live.
          Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap