Ok, here is where you can post just about anything about any topic at all!

Equador Earthquake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equador Earthquake

It happens always as a surprise, but we should not underestimate the power of nature. I can only pray and hope the population of Equador can deal with this terrible thing and that the recover as fast as possible. Is someone here have family or friends there, I leave here my support.

We should definitely pray for the earthquake victims and those who are helping them. Here is a report from Samaritan's Purse on what they are doing to help:

Help Ecuador Earthquake Survivors!
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

Some religious old women in the neighborhood say that earthquakes are sort of punishment or warning. In the case of Ecuador, it may be a punishment ot the Ecuadorians and also a warning to us because in our country there is now too much crime and hate. In fact, the presidential election to be held next month has created a lot of gossips and smear on all the 5 candidates for presidents. Their supporters are quarreling with each other. Isn't that too much sin? I'd say let us pray for the earthquake victims and donate something to help them because it is not only the prayers that they need. To think that an earthquake is called an Act of God, what do we see now with those deaths in Ecuador? For all we know, it may be a cleansing process.
      Comment>

Lots of natural calamities nowadays. It's even increasing as the days go by. Maybe a sign that Judgment Day is nearing? Think about it, there's been lots of conflict all over the world, corruption, chaos, mass killings especially in the United States. Maybe it's God's way of trimming down on the population? We can only hope for the best, and expect the worst.
        Comment>

I'm not sure it's for us to judge that. Yes, were supposed to look at the signs of the times, and be watchful for the return of Christ, but we can't predict what exactly is happening in the immediate future. God made this universe, in which the earth we are living on is located, and created it with all sorts of quirks. There have been earthquakes every year since way back in time, so it would be hard to distinguish if this earthquake or any other is a sign of the end of days. If we took that as a sign then we could have taken the any on of the major earthquakes as a sign in the last 1000 years.
          Comment>

Originally posted by Corzhens View Post
            Some religious old women in the neighborhood say that earthquakes are sort of punishment or warning. In the case of Ecuador, it may be a punishment ot the Ecuadorians and also a warning to us because in our country there is now too much crime and hate. In fact, the presidential election to be held next month has created a lot of gossips and smear on all the 5 candidates for presidents. Their supporters are quarreling with each other. Isn't that too much sin? I'd say let us pray for the earthquake victims and donate something to help them because it is not only the prayers that they need. To think that an earthquake is called an Act of God, what do we see now with those deaths in Ecuador? For all we know, it may be a cleansing process.
            Sorry my ignorance here, but you said that the earthquake can be a punishment from God and at the same statement you said that prayers are not enough? If this is really a act of our powerful God, only prayers can save this people! Otherwise God can just make another earthquake!
            Comment>

From what I understand, the Ecuadorian people are sweet, warm and lovely people. I think it is an insult to the whole population to consider it as a "punishment from God." Perhaps someone should give the older woman a lesson in Geography, and point out the ring of fire. I think the punishment thing is plain silly.
              Comment>

Perhaps it isn't a punishment from God when an earthquake hits somewhere and causes massive death and destruction, however, this sort of thing was predicted in the Bible. This is not a direct quote of any particular verse, but rather a composite. ... The Bible states that in the latter days there will be signs in the earth and in heaven, and there will be earthquakes in diverse places. These things weren't meant to read as punishments but rather as warnings that the time for Christ's return is near at hand. We are given signs of His returning and we should use those signs to gather ourselves and "look up" for that moment of His return. God bless the people of Ecuador. I will be praying for the families involved during this time.
                Comment>
                Working...
                X
                Articles - News - SiteMap