Thousands of Muslims In Northern Iraq Converting to Christianity After Witnessing ISIS Horror

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thousands of Muslims In Northern Iraq Converting to Christianity After Witnessing ISIS Horror

More and more Kurdish Muslims living in Iraq are turning to Christ after witnessing the brutality of extremist groups like ISIS, who carry out horrific acts in the name of Allah, Christian aid workers have revealed.

A ministry leader in the Kurdish Region of Iraq told the Christian Aid Mission that his organization can barely keep up with the desire of refugees to learn about Christ and the Bible, which has grown increasingly strong since ISIS overtook many parts of the region.

"They're just sick of Islam," he said. "People are very hungry to know about Christ, especially when they hear about miracles, healing, mercy and love."

He added, "As terrifying and horrifying as ISIS is, they did us a great favor because they came and have shown them all the killing, saying that it's all in the Koran verses. So now we don't have to say much, we just say the truth."

Numbers released by the UN in January estimated the Kurdish Region of Iraq is hosting 900,000 refugees, around 233,000 from Syria and the rest from elsewhere in Iraq. As well as Kurds, who have fled northern Syria, the region has also accepted thousands of Arabs feeling the cities of Anbar province, which the terrorist group captured in 2014.

The ministry director revealed that his organization provides aid to displaced people in tents and whatever dilapidated or unfinished buildings they can find for shelter, with needs for blankets, heaters, food and diapers still being high.

After showing refugees the love of Christ by meeting their needs, aid workers later bring Bibles, he said.

"We just help because we love them, and maybe the next time we visit we tell them about Jesus and give them Bibles," he said. "We believe in the power of the Word of God. We don't have many preachers. We don't have many missionaries, but we have the Word of God that we're able to print, purchase and deliver to the people and their children."

The leader said there has a been a great "awakening" among Muslims in northern Iraq, citing many conversion accounts he has personally witnessed or heard secondhand from local churches.

Thousands of Muslims In Northern Iraq Converting to Christianity After Witnessing ISIS Horror, Ministry Reveals: 'They're Just Sick of Islam'
    Clyde Herrin's Blog

I hope this news item is true because that is what I'm also thinking about the terroristic ideology of ISIS, that is to kill in defense of their religion. But it seems that ISIS is over-acting already and is on the attack in some fronts. Now if the Muslims who are level-headed would realize the wrong in the killing perpetrated by ISIS then they should leave ISIS and be good Muslims (or better yet be good Christians). From the article I read about the recruitment of ISIS, their recruitment brigade spend time and effort in the internet to convince prospects to join their cause. It is always the heaven they speak of when suicide bombers are mentioned. And in so doing, the every day mention of heaven is a way to convince strangers to join them. But I think there are ex-ISIS who are working to disprove that fallacy of going to heaven when you die as a suicide bomber.
    Comment>

The same thing is happening with the migrants in Europe. It is one of the things that the families are stressing is that all of the help they are getting, almost all of the aid is coming from Christian organizations while the muslim organizations are only trying to recruit the young people into ISIS. Even the one family that was ´adopted´ by the Pope said that Christians were the only ones helping them, that they never saw any muslim groups helping.
      Comment>

It's a sad thing when people have to rethink their entire religion just based on a few rotten apples. But hopefully, these people who have converted would find peace in their new religion, and I really hope they won't get as much persecution now that they became Catholics. It's a sad thing, really. When people hear of Islam these days, their minds go directly to terrorism and killings. Just a few bad examples can really ruin the reputation of the bunch. I hope they are doing well right now, and not looked at as traitors by their own people.
        Comment>

Since all Muslims [Shias and Sunnis] hate Christians, I expect that these new converts will face persecution. Good thing though is persecution always leads to more people being converted so no matter what, the false religion that is Islam will continue losing its followers.
          Comment>

Originally posted by Smithee View Post
            Since all Muslims [Shias and Sunnis] hate Christians, I expect that these new converts will face persecution. Good thing though is persecution always leads to more people being converted so no matter what, the false religion that is Islam will continue losing its followers.

Lol. Is that a fact? One of my best friends were Muslim.
            Comment>

"They're just sick of Islam" - what strong words. But I believe that when people, of any other religion, learn of the horrors of the acts of ISIS, they will be turned off. Who has the sense in wanting to kill innocent people? And is it believable that you would go to heaven by killing and murdering in defense of your religion? I never forget what I read that ISIS said... behead the infidels. They seem to believe that they have the right to kill non-believers of their ideology be they Muslims or non-Muslims, they are all infidels if they don't follow the ISIS principle. That is why ISIS has named itself as Islamic State to mean they are establishing a country just like the new Jerusalem or the Paradise of Jim Jones in Guyana. ISIS just grew big rapidly it is actually just a cult.
              Comment>

That might not be good news because even the Quran has got the word that should keep them going strong. Since Isis is using Islam as their shield when they kill people, I think that is why many are fed up with Islam. They also face another danger as that action attracts more attacks. Isis members are looking for Christians and I wonder what will happen to this group of Christians. We pray that one day peace will prevail in Iraq.
                Comment>

This is so touching. These people are questioning their own religion because if the radicals believe in a God that supports suicide and mass terrorism, what kind of God is that?
                  It's nice to know that these people are starting to realize there are less radical and more loving religions out there, Christianism is just an example. But this might be dangerous though, considering ISIS's goal is to convert everyone into muslim. It might be hard to switch religions when you've been believing in something all your life, so I'm glad this is happening to some people in the middle east. This might be the beginning of a revolution that will end all wars!
                  Comment>

As far as I know, ISIS rebels are not representing and advocating a regular Islam which is quite peaceful. Everything they do is one huge deadly sin. I hope all those Christianity newcomers won't be punished for that.
                    Comment>

It's probably a horrible wake up call to look up in their Quran and realize that those quotes exist there. Living out the words of the Quran is a violent act and ISIS is a horrible reality of that. Plus socially, I'm sure it's hard to see your religion in a positive light when there are so many killings and bombings across the world. Besides, all the charity work that Christians do in light of these tragedies will further push them to where they want to be. Even if they don't start out believing in Jesus but like the appeal of generosity and kindness of a community that cares, it's a step in the right directions. I hope many come to Jesus, though I do wish it wasn't under such awful circumstances.
                      Comment>

Is there any update on their life? Are they in danger or not? I guess some part of them have already become refugees. That area doesn't seem to be much friendly to such things as conversion.
                        Comment>

Originally posted by artyarson View Post
                          Is there any update on their life? Are they in danger or not? I guess some part of them have already become refugees. That area doesn't seem to be much friendly to such things as conversion.
                          Many Muslims believe that any Muslim who rejects Islam and begins following another religion must be killed. Any Muslim living in a Muslim majority country puts his life at risk by converting to Christianity and many have been killed.
                          Clyde Herrin's Blog
                          Comment>

Originally posted by Smithee View Post
                            The fact is, if you are a serious Muslim, then you follow the Quran and that means killing infidels, which Christians are. The Muslim Holy Book is full of murder, blood lust and acts of evil perpetrated against the human race in the name of "god". But evil isn't as powerful as good, so there is naturally, a limit on how far Islam can go. I believe you're right in your comment and Islam will begin to fail soon, if it hasn't started to already. When you are part of a religion and you fear others belonging to the same religion... that's a recipe for disaster. Islam is a religion of fear. They rule with fear and tear each other apart using terror. The One true God will only allow this to go so far, because we know that He hates sharing the "Godhood" with false gods. We know from the past that He eventually ends certain civilizations when they turn too far away from Him.
                            Comment>

Originally posted by Novelangel View Post

The fact is, if you are a serious Muslim, then you follow the Quran and that means killing infidels, which Christians are. The Muslim Holy Book is full of murder, blood lust and acts of evil perpetrated against the human race in the name of "god". But evil isn't as powerful as good, so there is naturally, a limit on how far Islam can go. I believe you're right in your comment and Islam will begin to fail soon, if it hasn't started to already. When you are part of a religion and you fear others belonging to the same religion... that's a recipe for disaster. Islam is a religion of fear. They rule with fear and tear each other apart using terror. The One true God will only allow this to go so far, because we know that He hates sharing the "Godhood" with false gods. We know from the past that He eventually ends certain civilizations when they turn too far away from Him.
                              You're correct in saying that evil is not as powerful as good. We do not promote dualism. Nothing happens without God ordaining what comes to past. Part of me thinks Islam is a judgment against the nations of the world. God in his wisdom knows best! The role of Government is to combat evil, yet despite the mass murders so many defend evil ideology and harbor terrorism:
                              • Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

God bless,
                              William
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap