Dog Casually Trots Along, Onlookers HORRIFIED BY What Was In It’s Mouth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog Casually Trots Along, Onlookers HORRIFIED BY What Was In It’s Mouth

A graphic picture has gone viral after capturing a dog trotting along with something unimaginable hanging from its mouth. Unfortunately, onlookers got the shock of their lives once they realized what it was that the dog was carrying, and they were absolutely horrified.

The picture was said to be taken in Saudi Arabia, where a dog was pictured carrying something unusual in his mouth. Upon closer investigation, it was discovered that the canine had been carrying a newborn baby in its mouth.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dog15.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	7597

It has since been reported that the dog allegedly picked up the newborn infant after the baby’s mother had abandoned it alongside a waste bin. By some sort of instinct, the canine knew it had to take the child to safety to a nearby home, where the baby was found in the dog’s mouth with the umbilical cord still attached.It was at that point that the infant was rushed to a hospital for further evaluation. According to LiveLeak, “Those who posted the pictures said the dog carried the baby to the nearest house, whose dwellers rushed her to the hospital…the baby’s life was saved by the dog.”

It was at that point that the infant was rushed to a hospital for further evaluation. According to LiveLeak, “Those who posted the pictures said the dog carried the baby to the nearest house, whose dwellers rushed her to the hospital…the baby’s life was saved by the dog.”

Click image for larger version

Name:	dog24.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	7598

Dogs are known to do some remarkable things, and saving an infant’s life has to be near the top of that list. Although it’s unclear whether the child’s mother was suffering with Post-Partum Depression or was struggling with other issues, abandoning your newborn baby is never an acceptable option.

«Man's best friend» ...indeed.

Comment>

This is truly amazing. I'm glad the baby's life was saved!
      Comment>

That is am amazing story ! It seems that animals can understand a lot more than people give them credit for, and this dog was certainly proof of that, when he/she rescued the abandoned baby and took the infant to a house for help.
        There are dogs that seem to be able to tell when their owner is going to have a siezure, or some other medical problem, and the dogs will alert their owner. I have a friend who has mild siezures, and her little dog will let her know before she has one. That way, when Ina is driving, she knows that Izzy will warn her in time for her to pull off of the road before she actually has the seizure.
        I had a cat once who almost died after having kittens, and our little Poodle took the kittens as her own, and she nursed the kittens along with her puppies until the mother cat was well enough to take her kittens back again. The two of them were wonderful to watch as they worked together to raise that litter of kittens.
        Comment>

Aw, what an amazing dog to take charge like that and do what he could to help the newborn. While it probably looked grotesque to the casual onlooker, the dog's intentions were perfect. He just wanted to help and so he picked up the baby the only way he could. I'll bet he was just as gentle as could be with that precious little one, and eager to help. I hope someone rewarded the dog with a nice meal afterward. I have to wonder though, what the photographer was thinking... seeing a newborn being carried in the mouth of a dog, and all he or she can think to do is take multiple pictures? I probably would have dropped my camera and rushed to the infant's aid, rather than just standing there and clicking away while precious seconds are lost forever. I wonder how the baby is doing now?
          Comment>

I wonder if the dog was a pet or if it was feral? It's amazing that it found the newborn and made a plan to get it to the nearest family to give the baby to. Dogs are great empathetic animals that are naturally pack animals and protecting pups is an instinct. I bet the dog saw the baby as a 'pup'. The gentleness that the dog displayed while carrying the baby is very impressive.
            Comment>

Such a wonderful news that you have shared here. Indeed it is dogs are man's best friend. It is truly a heroic action what the dog has done. It is true that god is living in every soul. But nowadays, some people don't even have this humanity of saving another life like this dog had. Hats off to that dog. :)
              Comment>

This is such a heartwarming story about dogs. Some dogs deserve to be in heaven! It was incredible that the dog showed even more compassion than the mother of the infant. We see God's hand at work here sending the dog over to carry the baby off to safety. I would have been horrified to see that in person and I would have initially thought that the dog might have tried to attack the baby. Many dog breeds are gentle animals with admirable parenting instincts and deep emotional attachment. They are known to cry and sob when they lose a companion or master.
                Comment>
                Working...
                X
                Articles - News - SiteMap