Disabled Basketball Player Is Given Help By Opposing Player To Score A Shot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabled Basketball Player Is Given Help By Opposing Player To Score A Shot

Competition is everything to so many. Aggression, arrogance and unkindness has no place in any professional sports – the very idea of ‘sportsmanship’ is that good conduct is shown in play just as it would at game’s end – yet to play the game means to play it well, and give no quarter.

When it comes to basketball that means you guard the ball and be ever-ready to make the opposing team pay with 2 points if they leave you open to score an easy basketball. These are the rules; to win, you follow them.

Yet, now and then rules need be broken.This is one such story. A young man with special needs who loves basketball like any other hoops fan gets the call from his coach in the fourth quarter of the end-of-season game; ‘suit up’ and ‘get in there.’ He was getting the ball, he was taking shots – but perhaps nerves were getting the best of him. That was gonna be all there was to the story; in the game but 0 points – still a great experience – but perhaps not all you’d wish for. That was it, all over; until a player on the other team decided he had a role to play in this story too.

Now this is TEAMWORK!
    Comment>

That is actually a pretty awesome sight. Teamwork from not just one team, but from everyone involved in that game. People can talk crap about sports but its these feel good moments make it worth going through all the drama that the industry sometimes inflate.
      Comment>

Now that's how you basket. Well done. This is what real sportsmanship is. Thank you, sir, for sharing this it brought me tears. I must show this to my brother who is always aggressive while playing and never respects his fellow sportsmen. I have got to show him this and teach him a lesson.
        Comment>
        Working...
        X
        Articles - News - SiteMap