Bilionaires who gave away (their entire) fortunes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bilionaires who gave away (their entire) fortunes

Something that arrived in my inbox this morning that I thought I would share. A list of 21 of the world's wealthiest people who gave away most or all of their entire fortunes to support the poor and other good causes. Their motives range from sudden awakenings to how transient life is, often in accidents or other near misses, to a stand on their principles. It is amazing how much good these have done over the years.

Originally posted by ChatterBox View Post
    Something that arrived in my inbox this morning that I thought I would share. A list of 21 of the world's wealthiest people who gave away most or all of their entire fortunes to support the poor and other good causes. Their motives range from sudden awakenings to how transient life is, often in accidents or other near misses, to a stand on their principles. It is amazing how much good these have done over the years.
    That is true Charity. Something people don't get. A lot of people want to take the hard earned money from working class people and redistribute it to the poor. However, those working class people generally give more to charity than those advocating for social welfare programs.

At my wife's work people complain about the need for more welfare programs in our local community. Trump is supposed to cut taxes on the working class, and it is beyond me why these social welfare advocates don't understand that the more they get to keep the more they can donate to charity. Charity is supposed to be a free will offering, and not an offering made under compulsion.

By the way, don't know if you caught the news but Trump donated his first quarter earnings as POTUS.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>
    Working...
    X
    Articles - News - SiteMap