X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UN recognises Christian Anti-persecution charity

After eight years, Christian Solidarity Worldwide, a UK anti-persecution charity has been recognised by the UN. The US and Australian delegation praised the move, which was supported by the UK ambassador. Recently, CSW had focused on China, Cuba, and Pakistan as well as other countries where Christians are oppressed, as well as performing advocacy work in New York and Westminster. This gives CSW access to the UN's advocacy platforms, and a far greater worldwide reach.

It has also raised questions about why NGOs working in this field have been denied recognition for so long, and an investigation into the NGO committee at the UN has been proposed to stop this happening again.
    Christian Solidarity Worldwide, one of the UK's leading anti-persecution organisations, has been given long-awaited UN accreditation. The organization, which is based in London, but camapigns for the protection of Christians across the world, had been waiting for eight years to receive the ...

That's great news!

I think that the current events have played a major part in agknowleging that there's persecution on various levels. Sadly the battle had to reach the western hemisphere until something was done to even validate the organizations that seek to protect Christianity.

Christianity had a reputation for being an "aggressive" because of the Crusades, that at first started to counter persecution but were missused by ambitious figures later on in history.
    Comment>

This is so good to hear and a very nice piece of information. I think this will help the Christians all over the world who are suffering attacks from people from other religion. :)
      Comment>

Originally posted by ChatterBox View Post
        It has also raised questions about why NGOs working in this field have been denied recognition for so long, and an investigation into the NGO committee at the UN has been proposed to stop this happening again.
        I was thinking, "what took them so long?" and then I saw this part. That is good news. I'll be curious to see what comes of this investigation (if anything). There really is no excuse. I'm sure that won't stop them from coming up with plenty of excuses though.

It seems that Christians aren't considered one of the "protected" groups even though people who practice other religions are.
        Comment>

Originally posted by harijobs View Post
          This is so good to hear and a very nice piece of information. I think this will help the Christians all over the world who are suffering attacks from people from other religion. :)
          and people with no religion and wants to abolish religion. Look how the liberal Atheist media wanted to portray Christians. The way Western media like Hollywood portray Christians is really an offensive satire. Their Liberal LGBT agenda is being shoved to the mouths of our children. They want to look open minded and accepting by allowing Muslims to enter the country without any background checks. I know I love mentioning Sweden a lot but that country is in grave danger for Christians.

I do know though Christians suffer the most in Muslim and communist countries.
          Comment>

Sparky I can understand the pain and sufferings that the Christian community is facing world wide. In my mother's town the majority of the population is Christians and everywhere there will be a lot of churches and Christian schools. But what I have seen recently is that there is no unity among them itself. They are not helping their own people and keep blaming the others for their problems. I really feel sad for them. My grandma told that in her locality there even has been disputes and fights lately.
            Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap