London Marathon Runner Helped

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London Marathon Runner Helped

Another act of kindess that helps you realise that maybe not everything you see and hear is bad. Mr Rees was 300m from the finish but saw that another runner, Mr Wyeth was struggling to finish the race. Instead of running past, he stopped, sacrifing a time that would have become his personal best and helped.

Mr Rees said: "I came round the final corner and I saw a runner struggling, his legs were collapsing beneath him. Every time he tried to get up, he kept on falling back to the ground."

"I went over to him and said 'come on, you can do this' and tried to gee him up."

"But every time he tried to get up, I realised he wasn't going to make it."

Runner Mr Wyeth said: "For someone just to stop their own race to help you, that's such a decent thing that he did."

"I was urging him to move on, you know please don't sacrifice your race for me. But he stuck with me and I think a volunteer also joined me on the other side."

"I got up, they helped me up, and I just tried to keep moving."

But Swansea Harrier Mr Rees said it was "the same thing anyone else would have done".

Oh, that is just awesome. This is simply extraordinary and not everyone would have this mindset while running. Always while running we all have the target of finishing the race first or at least finish the race. Having sacrificing the race for some random man is something that should be really appreciated. Hats off. Thanks for sharing. :)
    Comment>

Too cool
      Comment>
      Working...
      X
      Articles - News - SiteMap