Satire is a genre of literature, and sometimes graphic and performing arts, in which vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, corporations, government, or society itself into improvement.

Reformed Man Under Church Discipline For Drinking Light Beer

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reformed Man Under Church Discipline For Drinking Light Beer

ESCONDIDO, CA—Reformed believer Jerry Walters was reportedly called into the deacons’ office at his church Sunday morning, so that church officials could begin the disciplinary process against him upon the discovery that he was habitually drinking Coors Light. The man was spotted watching a ball game at a local eatery downing several of the light, […]

. . . finish reading Reformed Man Under Church Discipline For Drinking Light Beer.

More...

Good grief --- moderation in all things ?!?! And, since when would the deacons have 'said knowledge' --- Let's be careful -- we church people -- about our 'attitudes' towards others. And, maybe , what we choose to joke about. Drinking Has been known to cause all sorts of problems.
    Comment>

He was obviously getting buzzed, his church was right and did a great job at what their supposed to do.
      Comment>

Originally posted by Innerfire89 View Post
        He was obviously getting buzzed, his church was right and did a great job at what their supposed to do.
        Did you read the entire article -- It wasn't the point that the man should not have been drinking beer -- it was the Kind of beer -- he wasn't supposed to be drinking the Coors Light beer -- but the apparently better quality Of beer. And then they had the guy Followed to see if he was being Obedient.

It struck me that Possibly the deacons were being a bit hypocritical in the first place. In order to know what/ where the man was doing, at least one of them had to have been doing the same thing and been familiar with those different kinds of beer.

Just suggestin :)
        Comment>

What a shame... He has brought a bad name to the bearded, calvanist community😢
          Comment>

Originally posted by Sue D. View Post

Did you read the entire article -- It wasn't the point that the man should not have been drinking beer -- it was the Kind of beer -- he wasn't supposed to be drinking the Coors Light beer -- but the apparently better quality Of beer. And then they had the guy Followed to see if he was being Obedient.

It struck me that Possibly the deacons were being a bit hypocritical in the first place. In order to know what/ where the man was doing, at least one of them had to have been doing the same thing and been familiar with those different kinds of beer.

Just suggestin :)
            I was kinda sleepy when I read it.. Insomnia makes it hard to conentrate some times.
            Yes it's absolutely ridiculous. I guess they're not worry if alcohol ruins the man as long as it's the alcohol if their choosing. I pray he finds a real family of Christians who will lead him in the right direction.
            Comment>

Originally posted by Innerfire89 View Post

I was kinda sleepy when I read it.. Insomnia makes it hard to conentrate some times.
              Yes it's absolutely ridiculous. I guess they're not worry if alcohol ruins the man as long as it's the alcohol if their choosing. I pray he finds a real family of Christians who will lead him in the right direction.
              I do the insomnia thing as a way of life. Usually awake at least once every night. We all need that family of Christians.
              Comment>
              Working...
              X
              Articles - News - SiteMap