Which Bible Translation Is Right For You? Take The Quiz And Find Out!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Bible Translation Is Right For You? Take The Quiz And Find Out!

There are so many Bible versions out these days that it can be hard to know which one you should be reading. There are different things to consider, such as which manuscript bases each one uses, where they are on the dynamic/formal equivalence spectrum, their readability, the scholarship behind them, and more. Crazy, right? It […]

. . . finish reading Which Bible Translation Is Right For You? Take The Quiz And Find Out!.

More...

So my translation is the NASB. I think I will stick with the KJV, if it is all the same to them.
    Comment>

Last edited by David Lee; 06-17-2017, 11:45 PM.
      Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
      Comment>

According to the test the NASB is the right translation for me. I did use it for a time after it first came out but now I use the ESV.
        Clyde Herrin's Blog
        Comment>

I could actually see how this might work. 😄

Got NIV
          Comment>

So does anyone know where I can get a copy of the New Living Translations?

[just kidding]
            Comment>

Calvary Study have you taken it?
              Comment>

Cool quiz!

I got NIV from the quiz and it's spot on! As someone who is born in a country where English isn't the first language, I think this translation works the best. I am blessed enough to be born into a family who uses English as our main language. My parents have been using NIV since they joined the church and brought us up with it. About ten years ago, my father was chosen to lead the Chinese speaking congregation in our church and we have since used bilingual Bibles that has both the English and Mandarin on either half of the page.

A few years back, I migrated to New Zealand. I'm back to using the English language Bible. I've always been very weak in my Mandarin and understood English way better. Other than that, I've also used the Good News Bible, The Message and New King James for Bible studies. I like to compare translations sometimes, and it's now so easy to do that with the help of the internet.
                Comment>

Originally posted by msyukionna View Post
                  Cool quiz!

I got NIV from the quiz and it's spot on! As someone who is born in a country where English isn't the first language, I think this translation works the best. I am blessed enough to be born into a family who uses English as our main language. My parents have been using NIV since they joined the church and brought us up with it. About ten years ago, my father was chosen to be lead the Chinese Speaking congregation in our church and we have since used bilingual Bibles that has both the English and Mandarin on either half of the page.

A few years back, I migrated to New Zealand. I'm back to using the English language Bible. I've always been very weak in my Mandarin and understood English way better. Other than that, I've also used the Good News Bible, The Message and New King James for Bible studies. I like to compare translations sometimes, and it's now so easy to do that with the help of the internet.
                  Hello msyukionna,

Just welcoming you to Christforums! Hope you feel at home here.

God bless,
                  William
                  Comment>
                  Working...
                  X
                  Articles - News - SiteMap