Satire is a genre of literature, and sometimes graphic and performing arts, in which vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, corporations, government, or society itself into improvement.

Pope Francis To Followers: “Koran And Holy Bible Are The Same”

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pope Francis To Followers: “Koran And Holy Bible Are The Same”

On Monday the Bishop Of Rome addressed Catholic followers regarding the dire importance of exhibiting religious tolerance. During his hour-long speech, a smiling Pope Francis was quoted telling the Vatican’s guests that the Koran, and the spiritual teachings contained therein, are just as valid as the Holy Bible.

“Jesus Christ, Mohammed, Jehovah, Allah. These are all names employed to describe an entity that is distinctly the same across the world. For centuries, blood has been needlessly shed because of the desire to segregate our faiths. This, however, should be the very concept which unites us as people, as nations, and as a world bound by faith. Together, we can bring about an unprecedented age of peace, all we need to achieve such a state is respect each others beliefs, for we are all children of God regardless of the name we choose to address him by. We can accomplish miraculous things in the world by merging our faiths, and the time for such a movement is now. No longer shall we slaughter our neighbors over differences in reference to their God.”

Source: Pope Francis To Followers: “Koran And Holy Bible Are The Same” | JEWSNEWS

Well that just happened. So is he crazy or high? I have no other way to describe what ge said.
    Comment>

I actually recoiled when I read that. I found it very hard to believe so I did a bit of digging and it does seem it isn't true. Apparently a news satire site, called the National Report, featured it and a lot of places picked it up without checking. There's something on snopes and a longer piece on thisisfake, which I have linked below.

Ironically what the Pope did condemn in his speech on the 7th December was the spreading of false information. Obviously the National Report either didn't read the speech or took it as a challenge.
      Summary: Pope Francis announced to followers that the Holy Bible and the Koran are the same. Originated from: The National Report Date(s) active: June 2015, Sept 2015 FALSE. Rumours that the Pope recently announced to his followers that the Holy Bible is the same as the Koran are circulating across social media. The rumours link …
      Comment>

OK, William, you had me going there for a sec...
        Comment>

That would have been moving the flag way too much in one jump, hahah.
          I think the scary thing is how for some it really reads like something Pope Francis could have said. Maybe that is why it gained so much traction, most likely it will keep resurfacing every few years.

I am sure I've heard people holding this idea so that is maybe why it echoed when it was supposedly told by someone like Pope Francis.
          Comment>

I've read and tried to analyse what the Pope actually said at his Vatican address caught by the news in September 2015. I also read news saying that the news was 'false'. But I haven't seen and read any news that the Pope actually refuting his PC statement.

I've read and seen, time and time again, the MSM media editing out news about terrorists' murderous acts yelling 'alahu akbar' and the same MSM media changing their report saying that the terrorists instead yelled, 'God is great!' My point is, Allah is entirely different from Almighty God! Unless the Pope refutes his 2015 PC Islam speech, MSM media makes no dirrence with him.

Who and what kind of reporters are worst and dishonest?!
            Last edited by PsalmOneCares; 05-07-2017, 10:01 PM.
            Comment>

Originally posted by PsalmOneCares View Post
              I've read and tried to analyse what the Pope actually said at his Vatican address caught by the news in September 2015. I also read news saying that the news was 'false'. But I haven't seen and read any news that the Pope actually refuting his PC statement.

Who and what kind of reporters are worst and dishonest?!
              Why would he refute it when he didn't say it? The other problem is the date, if you are only looking at what he said in September 2015. The story was made up in May 2015 on the National Report satire site, then republished by other sites claiming he said it at other times. The story linked above was published September 10th 2015. It was then repurposed by the Civic Tribune on 23rd September 2015. Snopes have a history of the piece. Truth or Fiction include a version from July 2015.

Every single one starts with "On Monday..." but never identifies which Monday in that five month period.

What he actually said in Feb 2015 that seemed to have sparked the initial article was a speech including this:

"The other is a reflection that I shared at our most recent World Meeting of Popular Movements, and I feel is important to say it again: no people is criminal and no religion is terrorist. Christian terrorism does not exist, Jewish terrorism does not exist, and Muslim terrorism does not exist. They do not exist. No people is criminal or drug-trafficking or violent. “The poor and the poorer peoples are accused of violence yet, without equal opportunities, the different forms of aggression and conflict will find a fertile terrain for growth and will eventually explode.” There are fundamentalist and violent individuals in all peoples and religions—and with intolerant generalizations they become stronger because they feed on hate and xenophobia. By confronting terror with love, we work for peace."
              Vatican Archive - Pope Francis 16th-18th February 2015

Somehow the media morphed that paragraph into the claim above...
              Comment>
              Working...
              X
              Articles - News - SiteMap