Satire is a genre of literature, and sometimes graphic and performing arts, in which vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, corporations, government, or society itself into improvement.

Woman Admits She Envies Those Who Don’t Have It All Together

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman Admits She Envies Those Who Don’t Have It All Together

CLARKSTON, MI—Stacey Sullivan, a 35-year-old wife and mom, recently admitted to reporters that pressure to not have it all together was starting to take its toll on her. “It’s so trendy right now for Christian women to be hot messes who don’t measure up,” Sullivan said. “I see all these pictures on Pinterest of messy

Follow The Babylon Bee on Facebook and Twitter.

More...

How interesting! I'm not a mom (yet) but I relate to this article in the sense that when you are following Jesus, when you love Him, when you want to be more like Him, you find face book and comparing yourself to others, to be such a trivial, boring thing. The mother in the article is feeling guilty that she isn't a 'hot mess' like others she sees lamenting about how disorganized they are on FB. My thought to that is, it's not ''trendy'' to be a hot mess; herd mentality is really nothing new. lol
    Comment>

I really don't get this article. Is this a chick thing? In all seriousness I was expecting her to compete with dirty laundry testimonies. Or is this really what it is about?
      Comment>

Not a chick thing. lol Sounds like people-who-are-focused-on-the-wrong-things thing.
        Comment>

Originally posted by Deidre View Post
          Not a chick thing. lol Sounds like people-who-are-focused-on-the-wrong-things thing.
          Thank you!!!
          Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap