Christians Living In Persecution Speak Out Against Obama

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christians Living In Persecution Speak Out Against Obama

Three Christians living in persecution recently spoke out about President Obama’s remarks dealing with ISIS and the Crusades.

President Obama recently stated at the National Prayer Breakfast:

Unless we get on our high horse and think that this is unique to some other place, remember that during the Crusades and Inquisition, people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ…

According to an article on Christian Newswire, a Christian living in Pakistan stated:

I strongly condemn this statement by US President Obama. Christianity has never caused persecution. Christianity has always preached to love our neighbor. The Bible teaches us, “But now I tell you: do not take revenge on someone who wrongs you. If any one slaps you on the right cheek, let him slap your left cheek too.” I know of no Christian extremist groups attacking people of other faiths. All over the world, especially Pakistan, Christians are attacked mostly for their beliefs. So I do not agree with President Barack Obama.

An Egyptian Christian stated, “I disagree. Coptic Christians in Egypt are very much pacifists and considered the most vulnerable minority so we cannot persecute people of other faiths. We Christians do not persecute Muslims. But we Christians are persecuted.

Finally, a Christian in Bangladesh (a former Muslim who converted to Christianity), said:

With due respect, I strongly disagree with President Obama. It might be some people faced problems by Christians in the past, although I am not sure and the Crusades had a cause. But, the basic difference is that Muslims today are being influenced and taught by their religious books to persecute the people of other beliefs. There is not a single word in the New Testament that influences Christians to persecute others. The New Testament teaches loving others. A lot of people became famous just following Jesus Christ and His teachings that are written in New Testament, like Mother Teresa. They are the real examples of Jesus’ teachings. But there is not a single example in the Muslim World of a Mother Teresa. The Muslims have examples like Osama Bin Laden.

Furthermore, Jim Jacobson, the president of Christian Freedom International, asked, “Does this comparison to a Medieval event have any bearing on what is happening today?”

What do you think of these statements made by Christians living in persecution, contradicting President Obama?

Working...
X
Articles - News - SiteMap