Christian news - breaking headlines from around the United States and the world. Trending hot topics in Christianity.

Republican Lawmaker: Conservatives Need to Reclaim the Bible from Liberals

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They believe he might be the most pro-LGBT Republican there is. See page 4.

January 14, 2016 by The Daily Pennsylvanian - issuu
    Comment>

Originally posted by Cornelius View Post
      For conservatives to reclaim the Bible, religious liberty in the USA needs to be the top priority. A corollary of that is meaningful changes in education to free kids from anti-Christian public schools. Ted Cruz once said School Choice is the Civil Rights issue of the 21st century, but being a Dispie, his position on School Choice is neutralized. On his campaign for president website, under issues, "stand with Israel" is there, but "school choice" is not, not even under the in a section on "religious liberty".
      You can't reclaim the Bible because I've gone door in evangelism efforts and I've recognized people who go to churches and they don't identify themselves as Christian.
      Being involved in politics does not make people vote Christian.

I am in the Church of Jesus Christ. Tell me which 1 Peter 2:9 is true based on the Church's behavior?

1 Peter 2:9 "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
      10 "Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy."

- OR -

1 Peter 2:9 "But you are a democratic people, a political priesthood, a powerful nation, a people behaving for God that you may enforce an agenda of one who called you from apathy into activity once you were not a coalition but now you are the coalition of theological rainbows. Once you were apolitical but now you are very political."

We are diluted to think we can beat the world at its own game by dropping the spiritual weapons and taking up worldly armour. If we lay down our spiritual weapons, we will have to take up carnal weapons because we know that we will have to fight.

2 Cor 10:3

Our sword is the proclamation of the word.

Are we laying down our weapons? The average church has a 10 minute sermon.

By being political, Christians are waging war like the world does. See 2 Corinthians 10:3.
      [FONT=Helvetica Neue][SIZE=14px][SIZE=18px]2 Corinthians 10:3-5[/SIZE]New International Version (NIV)

[FONT=Helvetica Neue][SIZE=16px][FONT=Arial][SIZE=12px]3 [/SIZE][/FONT]For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. [FONT=Arial][SIZE=12px]4 [/SIZE][/FONT]The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. [FONT=Arial][SIZE=12px]5 [/SIZE][/FONT]We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica Neue][SIZE=14px]New International Version (NIV) [FONT=Arial]Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.®Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
      Comment>

Originally posted by Chuckt View Post
        They believe he might be the most pro-LGBT Republican there is. See page 4.

January 14, 2016 by The Daily Pennsylvanian - issuu
        I'm under no delusion that Trump is a conservative. But, Trump has spoken out against SSM (explaining that he's a traditional guy) and he has never (to my knowledge) pushed for SSM. He has expressed that the Supreme Court's SSM ruling settles the issue. Most Republicans have no interest in fighting the Supreme Court's SSM ruling. Even the Tea Party Republican, in the OP, David Brat, who said Conservatives need to reclaim the Bible, said this, "The political Right likes to champion individual rights and individual liberty, but it has also worked to enforce morality in relation to abortion, gambling, and homosexuality. " That looks no less pro-LGBT than anything I've seen from Trump. (If David Brat really believed in individual liberty, he could easily articulate that government involvement into people's relationships does not advance the individual liberty of those people. And, if David Brat really believed in individual liberty, he would recognize the fact that SSM is really nothing but a foundation for taking away the individual liberty of people who don't want to support SSM.)

I believe Ted Cruz is strongly against SSM. But, Ted Cruz's Dispensationalism makes him useless on the issue of SSM, just like George W. Bush was useless on the issue of SSM when SSM first landed in America, by judicial fiat, in his fist term (the year after the Iraqi invasion). Cruz will be too busy carrying neocon water to bother with promoting liberty. Cruz will also quickly hand Congress to the Democrats, to cement Cruz's uselessness as a conservative.

Comment>

Christians should be involved in all aspects of their country's life. Business, politics, arts etc. We are taxpayers so we have the right to be involced and we should do so unashamedly as Christians. When we are fully involved in our society as Christians for the glory of God through Jesus Christ, empowered by the Holy Spirit then we show that world what Christ is all about. We are not meant to be hermits. If politics is your calling (I love it) then go where the Spirit directs you, where the Glory of God can best be reflected. If you are in business, do so with the aim of pleasing God in your methods as scripture instructs us to. At the end of the day it is how have I pleased God and been obedient to His commands. If I were American I would support Ted Cruz and be active in the GOP to move the party in a Godly manner and would encourage other Christians to do likewise.
          Comment>

Whether I am a Covenentalist or not I strongly support Israel.
            Comment>

1 Peter 2:9 "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation
              Yes, Christians are a holy nation, a holy nation with the name Israel. Dispies deny this important truth.

Our sword is the proclamation of the word.
              I'm not sure of your point. Are you saying Christians should stay home on election day?

Comment>

Originally posted by Mike Kenyon View Post
                Whether I am a Covenentalist or not I strongly support Israel.
                So do I. Just not for the same reasons as Dispensationalist.
                Comment>

Originally posted by Mike Kenyon View Post
                  Christians should be involved in all aspects of their country's life. Business, politics, arts etc. We are taxpayers so we have the right to be involced and we should do so unashamedly as Christians. When we are fully involved in our society as Christians for the glory of God through Jesus Christ, empowered by the Holy Spirit then we show that world what Christ is all about. We are not meant to be hermits. If politics is your calling (I love it) then go where the Spirit directs you, where the Glory of God can best be reflected. If you are in business, do so with the aim of pleasing God in your methods as scripture instructs us to. At the end of the day it is how have I pleased God and been obedient to His commands. If I were American I would support Ted Cruz and be active in the GOP to move the party in a Godly manner and would encourage other Christians to do likewise.
                  I mostly agree with everything you've said in that quote. But, from a practical perspective, I think Trump will make the better president. Trump won't be a conservative president (but, we won't be a liberal president, either). The two most redeeming qualities of President Trump is that he won't push us into useless middle-east wars; and, he won't drag down conservatives in Congress as Ted Cruz would. The media and the public will essentially see President trump as a political independent. Compare to George W. Bush who came to office with a Republican majority in Congress. Bush used that majority to push America into a useless and unjust war in the middle-east, rather than for conservative legislative reforms. And, the media easily used Bush to drag down conservatives in elections for Congress, quickly giving Congress to the Democrats.

I don't know if I could vote for Cruz, knowing that he's seemingly committed to repeating George W Bush's mistakes: “We will utterly destroy ISIS. We will carpet-bomb them into oblivion. I don’t know if sand can glow in the dark, but we’re going to find out!” ISIS is not a target that can be carpet-bombed (also carpet-bombing is now widely considered a war crime, along the lines of dropping chemical weapons). And, our military aggression in the middle-east that created ISIS in the first place (remember, insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results).

Comment>

Yes, Christians are a holy nation, a holy nation with the name Israel. Dispies deny this important truth.

I'm not sure of your point. Are you saying Christians should stay home on election day?

I don't agree with replacement theology.

Do you think by voting for the better of two evils that we will have Christ's righteousness on earth?
                    I vote.
                    Comment>

I believe Ted Cruz is strongly against SSM. But, Ted Cruz's Dispensationalism makes him useless on the issue of SSM, just like George W. Bush was useless on the issue of SSM when SSM first landed in America, by judicial fiat, in his fist term (the year after the Iraqi invasion). Cruz will be too busy carrying neocon water to bother with promoting liberty. Cruz will also quickly hand Congress to the Democrats, to cement Cruz's uselessness as a conservative.
                      What does dispensationalism have to do with any of this?
                      Comment>

I don't agree with replacement theology.
                        Paul speaks of the olive tree, Abraham, in which the "natural branches" (Ishmael and others) have been replaced by us. When you say you don't agree with "replacement theology", do you mean you don't agree with Paul, who also teaches that by faith Christians are the children of Abraham?

The faithful have never been replaced. Only the faithless have been broken off the olive tree. Actually, they never counted as part of the olive tree in the first place. Those who reject Jesus are not the faithful. John 8:42

What does dispensationalism have to do with any of this?
                        You mean explain why Ted Cruz promised to try to make the sand in the middle-east glow (with indiscriminate bombing) if elected? Cruz has been ramping up his insane rhetoric lately. Did you hear his claim that he would have responded with our "full force and fury" to Iran, to mass murder Iranians, for detaining a few US sailors for a few hours, sailors caught in their water.

The Dispy religion teaches absolute loyalty to the state of Israel. It teaches that Armageddon, supposedly a war of the world against Israel, is about to start, any moment now. And, Dispies are out proving their loyalty to Israel (or, maybe they think God needs help protecting Israel) by trying to soften up the middle-east before Jesus comes and takes away the Church so that God can can get back to what really matters to him, the Jews. Or, maybe they think that they can speed Christ's return by bombing the middle-east. I dunno. Have a Dispy explain to you why their religion causes them to want to sacrifice America and the Church for Unbelievers.

Give me Trump (at least compared to Cruz). In office, instead of driving us to an unjust war, Trump can keep busy signing conservative reform bills. Trump, instead of handing Congress to the Democrats at the first election opportunity, we might actually keep a Republican majority in Congress. Trump, unlike Cruz, wouldn't also guarantee a Democrat president replaces him. Besides, the more Cruz sells his soul for the Dispy primary vote, the less chance he has of winning the general election.
                        Comment>

Paul speaks of the olive tree, Abraham, in which the "natural branches" (Ishmael and others) have been replaced by us. When you say you don't agree with "replacement theology", do you mean you don't agree with Paul, who also teaches that by faith Christians are the children of Abraham?

The faithful have never been replaced. Only the faithless have been broken off the olive tree. Actually, they never counted as part of the olive tree in the first place. Those who reject Jesus are not the faithful. John 8:42
                          What do you mean that they aren't faithful? Blinded people aren't unfaithful because they are blind. They are blind because someone blinded them (2 Corinthians 4:4):

2 Corinthians 3:14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

Haven't you read Romans 11:1-5?

Romans 11 (Blue Letter Bible: KJV - King James Version)

And human beings don't make people jealous unless they want something. So why would God want to make someone jealous that He doesn't want anything from?

Romans 11:11 ¶ I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

The coming judgment is going to make them look to God again:

Romans 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

And then some will believe and be grafted in again because the Church will not be here.

Comment>

You mean explain why Ted Cruz promised to try to make the sand in the middle-east glow (with indiscriminate bombing) if elected? Cruz has been ramping up his insane rhetoric lately. Did you hear his claim that he would have responded with our "full force and fury" to Iran, to mass murder Iranians, for detaining a few US sailors for a few hours, sailors caught in their water.

The Dispy religion teaches absolute loyalty to the state of Israel. It teaches that Armageddon, supposedly a war of the world against Israel, is about to start, any moment now. And, Dispies are out proving their loyalty to Israel (or, maybe they think God needs help protecting Israel) by trying to soften up the middle-east before Jesus comes and takes away the Church so that God can can get back to what really matters to him, the Jews. Or, maybe they think that they can speed Christ's return by bombing the middle-east. I dunno. Have a Dispy explain to you why their religion causes them to want to sacrifice America and the Church for Unbelievers.
                            God made a promise to Abraham and the promise still stands so replacing it with another people means that Replacement theology makes God say what He didn't promise.

The responsibility of an American leader is to defend his country so the rhetoric has nothing to do with dispensationalism. The events foretold will not be thwarted by any man because then God wouldn't be God.

Comment>

Romans 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

And then some will believe and be grafted in again because the Church will not be here.
                              Nothing you quoted of the Bible supports Dispensationalism. How does the church being gone do anything to bring anyone to Christ? It doesn't. Not in the least. On the contrary, the Church is God's instrument to reach the loss.

Paul says in Romans 11:5a "So too at the present time there is a remnant." Paul explicitly explains that he is speaking about his time, not our future. And, Paul is also very clear that there is just a remnant of Isrealites saved. That's those with faith.

You miss the whole point of Romans 11. Paul explains that the Old Covenant saints aren't being rejected because God has revealed a New Covenant. Paul also hopes his ministry provokes Israelites to emulate gentiles in accepting Christ. Whenever Paul traveled to a new town, he first when to the Jews to tell them about Christ. Paul isn't explaining that there's some future post-rapture tribulation where Jews around the world are going to accept Christ -- none of that comes from Romans 11. Nothing! None of it comes from the Bible. In fact, it contradicts the Bible and is harmful to both the Church and America.

The responsibility of an American leader is to defend his country so the rhetoric has nothing to do with dispensationalism. The events foretold will not be thwarted by any man because then God wouldn't be God.
                              Spare me the nonsense. Our middle-east wars have nothing to do with protecting America. Iraq didn't have WMDs, and didn't threaten the US. Iran doesn't have a nuclear weapons program, and hasn't threatened the US. And, Cruz reveals a very dark when he claims he would gave used the full force of the US to punish Iran for picking up some sailors in their waters and quickly releasing them -- sick.

The Iraq war cost us trillions of dollars, thousands of American lives, the last vestiges of our Christian culture, and led to genocide against Iraqi Christian... and what? We destroyed a handful of expired chemical munitions that we were never threatened with? That's what you claim is defending America. That's what I call betraying America.

Comment>

Nothing you quoted of the Bible supports Dispensationalism. How does the church being gone do anything to bring anyone to Christ? It doesn't. Not in the least. On the contrary, the Church is God's instrument to reach the loss.
                                If that wasn't the case and if Christians didn't believe that then there wouldn't be dispensationalists.
                                Comment>
                                Working...
                                X
                                Articles - News - SiteMap