Christian news - breaking headlines from around the United States and the world. Trending hot topics in Christianity.

Former Reagan Aide Claims Christian Persecution in Middle East is Due to GOP's Support of Israel

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Former Reagan Aide Claims Christian Persecution in Middle East is Due to GOP's Support of Israel

    A former aide to President Ronald Reagan said in a Forbes op-ed piece that the persecution of Christians in the Middle East is because of the GOP’s support for Israel.




    More...

    #2
    Another former aide to President Ronald Reagan, Dr. Paul Craig Roberts, says the same thing. Paul Craig Roberts - Official Homepage
    Comment>

      #3
      An adviser of George Bush stated that the Iraq war was really for Israel. It's no coincidence that those most eager to believe the President's false WMD claims were Dispy supporters of Israel. The Iraq war, at great cost of blood and money, accomplished little beyond unleashing genocide against Christians in Iraq and putting another nail in the coffin of cultural Christianity in America. Christians who support Israel are willing to sacrifice the world's Christians in support of the Antichristian State of Israel. Then US has then sought to extend the US war on Iraqi Christians to Christians in Syria, Libya, and Iran.

      The US should pull all troops out of the middle-east, and cease funding ISIS. The US should at least cease all aid to Israel until Israel grants equal rights to Christians.

      And, no Dispies, you won't be Raptured away from the mess you're helping to create. Rather, God will hold you accountable.


      Comment>

        #4
        Cornelius, you're speaking too kindly. George Bush and Barack Obama should be tried for war crimes. In the interests of justice however, since these Presidents were only puppets, I think that we should allow them to plea-bargain so that we can learn something about the shadow government that both of them were serving while President of the United States.
        Comment>

          #5
          I found the article heavy on opinion and light on facts.

          [WMD] While the WMD threat does appear to have been overstated, the TONS of Enriched Uranium Yellow Cake shipped from Iraq to Canada after the war suggests that the threat was not completely "mythical" either.
          The last major remnant of Saddam Hussein's nuclear program — a huge stockpile of concentrated natural uranium — reached a Canadian port Saturday.
          Comment>

            #6
            Originally posted by atpollard View Post
            [WMD] While the WMD threat does appear to have been overstated, the TONS of Enriched Uranium Yellow Cake shipped from Iraq to Canada after the war suggests that the threat was not completely "mythical" either.
            So you trust the presstitute media? Amazing. Presstitute Ranks Expand - PaulCraigRoberts.org


            Comment>

              #7
              Originally posted by atpollard View Post
              I found the article heavy on opinion and light on facts.

              [WMD] While the WMD threat does appear to have been overstated, the TONS of Enriched Uranium Yellow Cake shipped from Iraq to Canada after the war suggests that the threat was not completely "mythical" either.
              Saddam disclosed that yellow cake from the start. That material mentioned in that article was under UN seal from the start of the UN resolution prohibiting Saddam from possessing WMDs. The US and the UN chose to keep the yellow cake in Iraq after 1991. Saddam had a nuclear weapons program prior to the '91 war but he had disarmed in compliance with the UN resolution.

              Notice this line from the article you linked to, "U.N. inspectors documented and safeguarded the yellow cake, which had been stored in aging drums and containers since before the 1991 Gulf War. There was no evidence of any yellow cake dating from after 1991, the official said."

              The WMD threat wasn't just overstated, it was a complete lie. But the Bush administration and Dispensationalists did their best to con the public into an unjust and criminal war.
              Last edited by Cornelius; 01-02-2016, 07:47 AM.
              Comment>

                #8
                Originally posted by Cornelius View Post
                The WMD threat wasn't just overstated, it was a complete lie. But the Bush administration and Dispensationalists did their best to con the public into an unjust and criminal war.
                Let's not forget to mention the millions of professing Christians that continue to trust the Neocon's deceit when reality is that George Bush and Barack Obama should be prosecuted for war crimes.

                Comment>

                  #9
                  Well, as long as we are discussing facts and not wandering off into inflamitory rhetoric. :)
                  With all due respect, even if you are 100% correct, you are presenting your case more like a big foot or ufo sighting than anything close to a well reasoned argument.

                  Good luck pressing your case at The Hague. (Isn't that where international war crime trials are conducted?)
                  Comment>

                    #10
                    Originally posted by atpollard View Post
                    With all due respect, even if you are 100% correct, you are presenting your case more like a big foot or ufo sighting than anything close to a well reasoned argument.
                    Good luck pressing your case at The Hague. (Isn't that where international war crime trials are conducted?)
                    I just ask that you cease praising war criminals. Also, please don't think that I can be intimidated by the label of conspiracy theorist, which is frequently invoked by the dupes of war criminals.

                    For example:

                    Comment>

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Zog Has-fallen View Post
                      I just ask that you cease praising war criminals. Also, please don't think that I can be intimidated by the label of conspiracy theorist, which is frequently invoked by the dupes of war criminals.

                      For example:

                      Could you point out where I praised anyone?
                      Even the article in the OP mentions that the man interviewed in the past has been known to be an opinion for hire. I simply criticized the entire article for being heavy on opinion and light on facts that I could even attempt to verify.

                      My post included a verifiable fact from a real news source that showed that Iraq had Uranium stockpiles.
                      It was rebutted with accusations about "war criminals" and links to a blog.
                      I am no fan of any war, but you are offering unsubstantiated rhetoric.
                      Where are facts? Blogs are by definition, opinions.
                      Comment>

                        #12
                        Originally posted by atpollard View Post
                        My post included a verifiable fact from a real news source that showed that Iraq had Uranium stockpiles.
                        It was rebutted with accusations about "war criminals" and links to a blog.
                        It's no less verifiable that the Iraqi uranium stockpile was under the control of the UN from 1991.
                        Comment>

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Cornelius View Post

                          It's no less verifiable that the Iraqi uranium stockpile was under the control of the UN from 1991.
                          Acknowledged.
                          However the OP offers that a former Reagan Aide made the statement as one of the few facts. Almost everything else in the piece was opinion.
                          I think that there may be some merit to the claim that political policy impacts the risk to Christians in the Middle East. It is probably a discussion worth having and a topic I would enjoy reading.

                          "Read this blog" and "presidents should be charged with war crimes" does not get us to that conversation.
                          That was my only point.
                          So you have successfully refuted my only fact in our conversation, leaving us with 100% opinion. ;)
                          Comment>

                            #14
                            Originally posted by atpollard View Post
                            Where are facts? Blogs are by definition, opinions.
                            Even the Bible is entirely opinion. I'm simply asserting that my sources outrank your sources.

                            For example:


                            Comment>

                              #15
                              Originally posted by Zog Has-fallen View Post
                              Even the Bible is entirely opinion. I'm simply asserting that my sources outrank your sources.

                              For example:

                              Get real.
                              I am not watching an hour and a half movie from an unknown source just to see if you might have an on-topic point.
                              Your appeal to authority is unconvincing.

                              Do you seriously think that NBC news lied and no yellow cake existed and, therefore no yellow cake was sent from Iraq to Canada?
                              That IS what your earlier post implies.
                              Which means that Cornelius must be part of the conspiracy, since he claims that that it exists and was under UN control.
                              I think that I am going to let you respond and have the last word, then stay out of these empty political conversations in the future.
                              Last edited by atpollard; 01-02-2016, 05:06 PM.
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap