Christian news - breaking headlines from around the United States and the world. Trending hot topics in Christianity.

Lord’s Prayer Ban in Theaters to be Investigated by Equality and Human Rights Commission

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lord’s Prayer Ban in Theaters to be Investigated by Equality and Human Rights Commission

The Equality and Human Rights Commission is set to investigate the banning of the Lord’s Prayer from being shown in movie theaters, on grounds that the ban may restrict religious freedom.

More...

A theater had taken money and contracted to show a spot with the Lord's Prayer. The theater reneged on the agreement citing fear of offending patrons. Why is this not an open and shut case of religious discrimination? Oh yeah, because it's Christian patrons they're discrimination against, not non-Christian patrons.
    Comment>

Have Christians forgotten the Golden Rule? How would they like this announcement by The Young Turks that a Catholic Priest Allegedly Stole Millions To Fund a "Toilet Slave" Fetish to be shown in their businesses?

Comment>

I think it should be the theater's right to show or not show what they want... although it looks like the theater is a victim of Atheist intimidation (offend Christians and everyone yawns, offend Atheists and risk boycotts, vandalism and punishment from the government ). What I object to is the double standard, where wedding photographers and cake bakers are forced to engage in sodomite speech, where restaurants are prohibited from giving discounts to people who bring in church bulletins, etc.
        Last edited by Cornelius; 12-15-2015, 08:11 PM.
        Comment>

Originally posted by Cornelius View Post
          Cake bakers are forced to engage in sodomite speech.
          Please post some evidence of this.

Comment>

Restaurants are prohibited from giving discounts to people who bring in church bulletins, etc.
            I do believe it's right to treat everyone equally.

Comment>

Originally posted by Zog Has-fallen View Post
              Cake bakers are forced to engage in sodomite speech.

Please post some evidence of this.
              Unless you've been living in a cave, you've heard that in some states cake bakers are coerced to produce SSM wedding cakes. Is it not speech when a cake itself represents a same-sex marriage? Two groom figurines on top isn't a message?
              Comment>

Restaurants are prohibited from giving discounts to people who bring in church bulletins, etc.

I do believe it's right to treat everyone equally.

I do believe you have no right to rape someone, literally or figuratively (that means you have no right to force yourself onto someone). I do believe that business owners should have the right to promote whatever they value. I believe that most people who say everyone has a right to be treated equally are only saying that in defense, ironically, of unequal treatment (i.e. to condemn Christians for discrimination while anti-Christian discrimination is ignored). Do you think child molesters should be treated equally? Do you give all people equal access to your house?
                Comment>

Two groom figurines on top isn't a message?
                  Jesus commanded that we should not resist an evil person (Matthew 5:38-42). Have Christians forgotten the meaning of obedience?
                  Comment>

I do believe you have no right to rape someone,
                    Right! And I don't even have the right to rape my wife. So in regard to rape, I treat everyone equally.
                    Comment>

Jesus commanded that we should not resist an evil person (Matthew 5:38-42). Have Christians forgotten the meaning of obedience?

So, you give all people equal access to your home and you don't lock your doors. Locking your doors would a violation of your belief that you should treat all people equally (equal access to your home). Locking your doors is also an act of resistance against evil people. Does your church lock its doors?

Turning the other cheek if someone slaps you does not require that you to engage in something wrong yourself. Making an SSM wedding cake is engaging in something wrong. And, are you saying that Christians shouldn't fight for their rights and freedom? Do you think Paul (a half dozen times in the book of Acts) and the other apostles who defend themselves in the the Bible were being unChristian?

You're being hypocritical in your own life and you're ignoring the context in which Jesus spoke.

Last edited by Cornelius; 12-16-2015, 02:34 AM.
                      Comment>

So, you give all people equal access to your home and you don't lock your doors.
                        Now you're prompting me to quote the Golden Rule for you. Fine:

[SIZE=14px]Matthew 7[/SIZE]
                        12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

How would you like to try a new restaurant and then discover that Muslims were getting a huge discount and that you had to pay a much higher price?
                        Comment>

Now you're prompting me to quote the Golden Rule for you. Fine:

How would you like to try a new restaurant and then discover that Muslims were getting a huge discount and that you had to pay a much higher price?
                          People are not paying higher prices, they are paying the regular price. Guess you're against senior citizen and military discounts too?

Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
                            Guess you're against senior citizen and military discounts too?
                            I can't imagine anyone resenting seniors and military personnel getting discounts.

Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
                              People are not paying higher prices, they are paying the regular price. Guess you're against senior citizen and military discounts too?
                              Public universities give "huge discounts" to blacks in admission standards. Our government coerces businesses across the land to practice discrimination to protect themselves from lawsuits and government penalties. The Left's "anti-discrimination" pharisees are far more guilty of discrimination than anyone they're pointing too.

But, a discount at a restaurant might give for a church bulletin is not huge, not coerced by the government, can be compensated for by not leaving a tip, and can be gained by anyone who brings in a church bulletin. And, most of all, going to a restaurant is completely volunteering and not any sort of hardship if you choose not to go because you don't like their prices, their food, or their practices.
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap