Christian news - breaking headlines from around the United States and the world. Trending hot topics in Christianity.

Trump Receives Criticism From All Quarters for Proposal to Ban Muslims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump Receives Criticism From All Quarters for Proposal to Ban Muslims

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump’s comments about banning all Muslims from entering the U.S. have received harsh and abundant criticism.

More...

Much of that condemnation is hypocritical. Israel, for example, only allows allows Jews to immigrate. All but a handful of countries have far tighter immigration policy than the US. Only a handful of countries in the world are willing to take Muslim refugees. Democrats are the most exclusionary of all -- but, they get away with it because they're so busy screaming false charges against white males. Take MU, the recent protesters formed black-only "safe" zones on a campus that is already filled with black-only organizations.

What's the difference between Trump and most of the world? He's just being open and honest.
    Comment>

Immigration and Nationality Act INA § 212(f):

(f)Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President

“Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.”
      I have a feeling that the Republican party is going to throw this election. It reminds me of George Bush Sr, when Ross Perot went Independent. The votes Perot received should of went to Bush Sr. The above states the President can indeed suspend entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants. Democrats forget Jimmy Carter suspended Iranians from entering the United States during the hostage incident.

In a 1980 speech, Carter stated:

"The Secretary of Treasury [State] and the Attorney General will invalidate all visas issued to Iranian citizens for future entry into the United States, effective today. We will not reissue visas, nor will we issue new visas, except for compelling and proven humanitarian reasons or where the national interest of our own country requires. This directive will be interpreted very strictly."

Sanctions Against Iran Remarks Announcing U.S. Actions.
      The only difference between Carter and Trump is that Carter targeted people by nationality, Trump's proposal targets individuals by ideology.

God bless,
      William

Source: Front Page Mag
      Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
        The only difference between Carter and Trump is that Carter targeted people by nationality, Trump's proposal targets individuals by ideology.
        And I propose that the defense or advocacy of Sharia law should be considered a hate crime.

Comment>

Originally posted by Zog Has-fallen View Post
          And I propose that the defense or advocacy of Sharia law should be considered a hate crime.
          I propose that the Law should have no concept of a "hate" crime, nor prohibit Free Speech regarding any idea. A real crime is when one person imposes force or fraud upon another.

If I were king, I wouldn't be at war with any country, so there would be no danger of people coming halfway around the world to try to punish the US for military involvement in their region. I'd take no non-Christian refugees from any war.
          Comment>

Originally posted by Cornelius View Post
            I propose that the Law should have no concept of a "hate" crime, nor prohibit Free Speech regarding any idea. A real crime is when one person imposes force or fraud upon another.
            So you believe that advocating Sharia law to the point of it actually becoming a law would not be a gigantic fraud?
            Comment>

Originally posted by Zog Has-fallen View Post
              So you believe that advocating Sharia law to the point of it actually becoming a law would not be a gigantic fraud?
              I'm not advocating anything other than freedom. If two individuals want to deal with each other in terms of Sharia law, that's their business, not mine. In a free society, I have no fears of really bad ideas becoming law, aside from whether freedom itself can endure. In a free society, there wouldn't be many Muslims in the US. Muslims don't want to come to America to be in a land of Christians and Heathens any more than you want to move to Afghanistan. People want to be with their own kind, until the government intervenes. Our government forces us to do business and support people with behavior and ideologies with which we object. And, our government pays people with generous government services, and often outright welfare, to come to America.

Comment>
              Working...
              X
              Articles - News - SiteMap