Christian news - breaking headlines from around the United States and the world. Trending hot topics in Christianity.

Rob Bell's Successor Kent Dobson Announces His Resignation as Pastor of Mars Hill Bible Church

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rob Bell's Successor Kent Dobson Announces His Resignation as Pastor of Mars Hill Bible Church

Kent Dobson, pastor of Mars Hill Bible Church, will be resigning because he says, “being a pastor at a church is not really who I am.”

More...

There's a young girl, about 10, who was invited to light candles at the start of the service, at my church. She did it once, and was very nervous. She didn't want to do it again. When I asked "Why?", she replied that it's not her. She's 10, what's Kent Dobson's excuse or saying something so unhelpful, especially for someone who took a job as a professional speaker (a preacher). He want on to say, "I've said a few times that I don't even know if we know what we mean by God anymore." Someone stick a sign on his back that says "I'm a twit".

Kent Dobson lost his previous employer, a Christian school, after he hosted a Discovery channel show that tried to cast doubt on the historical existence of Jesus.

It's typical of megachurches to crumble after the charismatic leader who created the megachurch leaves. Mars Hill Bible Church was left with necessarily incompetent "non-denominational" leadership who appointed someone wholly unqualified in both doctrine and leadership skill to be the church's pastor.

*"necessarily incompetent" because while a cult leader might be competent for his purposes, how incompetent are the people who choose to follow him?

Comment>
    Working...
    X
    Articles - News - SiteMap