Christian news - breaking headlines from around the United States and the world. Trending hot topics in Christianity.

Ben Carson’s Pyramid Theory Ridiculed by Experts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Carson’s Pyramid Theory Ridiculed by Experts

Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson says that Egypt’s great pyramids were built by Joseph to store grain despite expert reports that they were tombs for pharaohs.

More...

William, are you aware that for the last several days, this forum has been almost unusable because of formatting/display problems?

Carson is getting flack being being a Christian. All the candidates have some dumb ideas, especially from the perspective of people with different political views.
    Comment>

Originally posted by Cornelius View Post
      William, are you aware that for the last several days, this forum has been almost unusable because of formatting/display problems?
      Yes, there's work being done.

God bless,
      William
      Comment>

Carson opened himself to this criticism. He should have known better. Carson may believe whatever he likes but to put forth a theory for which there is no evidence, and for which all the available evidence points to them being burial chambers, he should have expected ridicule. No Egyptologist, archeologist, thinks the pyramids where used for grain storage. Then there is the question of date.
        Comment>

Originally posted by Origen View Post
          Carson opened himself to this criticism. He should have known better. Carson may believe whatever he likes but to put forth a theory for which there is no evidence, and for which all the available evidence points to them being burial chambers, he should have expected ridicule. No Egyptologist, archeologist, thinks the pyramids where used for grain storage. Then there is the question of date.
          Carson opened himself to criticism as soon as he campaigned as a Conservative. As soon as he came out as a Creationist. But you're right, Origen, I wouldn't call Carson's view a theory but rather a hypothesis.

Christian Post recently published this article: Ben Carson's Theory That Egyptian Pyramids Were Built by Joseph Is 600 Years Old

My thoughts when hearing of Ben Carson's view was a question as to whether Egyptian pyramids may of been used for both burial and grain storage? I don't know, it's not something I ever really researched or took interest in. There are other areas that I do not agree with Carson on. Mainly the Gap Theory. But that can be left for a different topic and thread.

God bless,
          William
          Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
            Carson opened himself to criticism as soon as he campaigned as a Conservative. As soon as he came out as a Creationist.
            No doubt about it. You are correct. However that is all the more reason for him to be careful.

But you're right, Origen, I wouldn't call Carson's view a theory but rather a hypothesis.
            I really do not want to debate the semantics of which terms is the correct one. Carson himself referred to it as "my own personal theory," so I went with that.

Thanks, I enjoyed reading that. I have no doubt that others have (or still do) believed the same thing.

My thoughts when hearing of Ben Carson's view was a question as to whether Egyptian pyramids may of been used for both burial and grain storage? I don't know, it's not something I ever really researched or took interest in.
            Is it possible, sure. It seems, as best as I can tell, that may be what Benjamin of Tudela (mentioned in the article) believed. However Carson claims that it was Joseph that built the pyramids. There is simply no evidence for that.

There are other areas that I do not agree with Carson on. Mainly the Gap Theory.
            I saw that else where on this site. Perhaps I will look at it again.

A must more interesting idea is the one where Joseph is linked to Imhotep by means of the Famine Stela, but I do not think it is Joseph.
            Last edited by Origen; 11-07-2015, 06:42 AM.
            Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap