Christian news - breaking headlines from around the United States and the world. Trending hot topics in Christianity.

A simple argument that the Roman church is under God’s judgment for apostasy and idolatry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A simple argument that the Roman church is under God’s judgment for apostasy and idolatry

Dominic Bnonn

Pedophilia isn’t the only sexual scandal in the Roman ranks.

Homosexuality is the topic du jour, so I have been reflecting on Romans 1 more than usual lately. Today I was reminded of a fact I had half-forgotten, and was struck by how it juxtaposes against Romans 1.

According to various estimates—some sociological and some from the anecdotal observation of insiders—as many as 60% of Roman Catholics priests are homosexuals. The number could be as low as 10%—and even that would be over five times the incidence in the general populace—but it is probably at least 20%, and most probably over 50%.

To say that homosexuality is rampant in the church hierarchy almost seems too weak.

Now, in Romans 1, Paul is perfectly clear that homosexuality is a judgment from God as a result of idolatry. In verses 21-23, people do not honor God, nor give him thanks, but instead become futile in their reasoning; they claim to be wise, but in fact become fools by worshiping created things rather than God. Therefore (v 24) and because of this (v 26), God gives them over to immoral physical desires—degrading passions—so their bodies will be dishonored: women exchanging natural relations with men for unnatural ones, and men also abandoning natural relations with women and becoming inflamed with desire for each other, committing shameless acts together.

This isn’t the end of the story, of course—they are also given over to every other kind of wickedness (vv 28ff). But homosexuality appears to be a particularly notable, egregious signal of God’s judgment—an omen, as it were, that the kid-gloves are off, his patience has ended, and his judgment has begun. Homosexuality among a people is like a signpost on the highway to hell, letting you know that you just missed your last exit.

This brings me to my argument…

The argument
    1. The notable incidence of homosexuality among a people is clear evidence of God’s judgment against them for turning away from him to worship creation
    2. There is a notable incidence of homosexuality among the Roman Catholic Church’s hierarchy
    3. Therefore, this is clear evidence of God’s judgment against the Roman Catholic Church’s hierarchy for turning away from him to worship creation

Given how I have previously argued that Roman Catholicism is a form of pagan polytheism, that it is an illegitimate, apostate church, that it commits itself to worshiping Allah—and of course, given how Protestantism has always held that the papacy is an ongoing counterfeit of Jesus’ inimitable office, so the pope is quite literally an anti-Christ—this argument doesn’t exactly come out of the blue. The papacy isn’t merely idolatrous; it is, in fact, an idol. So the conclusion of this argument is hardly surprising; it is merely further corroboration of what we already knew.

Indeed, it seems quite legitimate to reinforce the conclusion by suggesting a correlation between the incidence of homosexuality and the intensity of God’s judgment. This would bode rather ill for Rome given the statistics of homosexuality in the priesthood compared to the general population.

Romans 1:24: Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, 25 because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen. 26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error. 28 And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done.

Homosexuality is a big sign of apostasy.

I doubt as many as 60% of Roman Catholic priests are homosexual, but a number of them are and the church has protected them, even as they've molested boys. Catholics have supported SSM at levels greater than the general population. And, Pope Frances has seemly made it his top priority to promote homosexuality and SSM, even if not explicitly.

I've always tried to think of the Roman Catholic Church as a Christian church, in spite of some extremely anti-biblical doctrines. But, I find that harder and harder to do. They are non-Christian in both mind (doctrine) and heart (values).

Comment>

The two previous post are why I stay away from church. I grew up a Catholic, but as a grown up, my family has attended non-denominational churches. Over the past 6-8 years I have found it harder & harder to attend because of all the judgement & hypocrisy.
      First, you are kidding yourselves if you think your churches don't have homosexual's in leading positions. Yes, that married pastor that speaks every Sunday about his wonderful marriage; he could be gay. I have a dear friend who was married and has a child& did not have the courage to live his true life until his daughter was 10. That could be someone "hiding" in your churches too.
      Have you ever know a gay person and had a real conversation with them? I know a lot and have had very open talks with them. Every single one of them will tell you that they knew from early childhood they were pulled to the same sex.
      If God is a loving God, how do explain him casting this horrendous sin upon innocent children? This is not an affliction that just happens at 20 years old.
      And get this straight; sexual deviants, like child molesters and homosexual are NOT the same thing!
      I hope your God does not judge you through the same eyes you are judging others.
      I hope you will open your hearts to people who are different than you and at the end of the day just want to love and be loved.
      Include them in your prayers, as I will include you in mine.
      Peace be with you both.
      Comment>

Originally posted by machappy View Post
        I grew up a Catholic, but as a grown up, my family has attended non-denominational churches.
        What's the difference?

God bless,
        William
        Comment>

Originally posted by machappy
          Have you ever know a gay person and had a real conversation with them? I know a lot and have had very open talks with them. Every single one of them will tell you that they knew from early childhood they were pulled to the same sex.
          If God is a loving God, how do explain him casting this horrendous sin upon innocent children? This is not an affliction that just happens at 20 years old.
          You are having greater faith in the words from your friends then the words from God himself. Your words are abominations.
          Comment>

Originally posted by machappy View Post
            Over the past 6-8 years I have found it harder & harder to attend because of all the judgement & hypocrisy.
            You will find judgment and hypocrisy in all areas of life, not just church.
            Clyde Herrin's Blog
            Comment>

I know rich Catholics loves praying on those expensive idols made of ivory and gold. Christians don't need a visual representation of God to worship him. They also pray to Virgin Mary and Saints. Some of the saints they worship are even fictional. They also worship a baby Jesus Idol known as Santo Niño.

The second picture is worst, They love to dress up their Santo Niño. Look at the second photo a Santo Niño cop.
              Comment>
              Working...
              X
              Articles - News - SiteMap