Christian news - breaking headlines from around the United States and the world. Trending hot topics in Christianity.

Christian Opponents Object to Mormon Temple in Indiana

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christian Opponents Object to Mormon Temple in Indiana

A group of Christians is up in arms about the opening of Indiana’s first regional Mormon temple in Carmel.

More...

Here is a quote from the article that is linked to.

Westfield pastor Chris Duckworth said, “We don't treat people, who have been seriously picked on, in that way.”

He continued, "If my Mormon brother says he's a Christian, I'll accept his word at that.
    One good thing has come out of the establishment of this temple. A pastor has publicly revealed that he really doesn't understand what it means to be a Christian. It should serve as a warning to Bible believers living in the area not to attend his church.
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

He continued, "If my Mormon brother says he's a Christian, I'll accept his word at that.
      Maybe that is poorly worded, but the pastor is calling the Mormon a Christian regardless of what the Mormon claims. "Brother"=Christian: "If a Christian says he's a Christian, I'll take his word for it:"

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
      One good thing has come out of the establishment of this temple. A pastor has publicly revealed that he really doesn't understand what it means to be a Christian.
      The Pastor probably does understand what it means to be a Christian, but he doesn't care because he's not a Christian himself. He's interestested in winning the approval of the worldly, rather than following Christ. He also knows the Bible well enough to know that someone's word doesn't mean much. By their fruits, not words, you shall know them. Whitewashed tombs, style over substance. Not everyone who says "Lord, Lord..." Etc. The Pastor also knows that Mormons use the same words but with different definitions. His "Mormon brother" wants to be equal to God.

Comment>
      Working...
      X
      Articles - News - SiteMap