Christian news - breaking headlines from around the United States and the world. Trending hot topics in Christianity.

Olympics introduces JAW-DROPPING change for 2020 games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympics introduces JAW-DROPPING change for 2020 games

It was probably only a matter of time. Ratings for the Olympics have slowly declined. Fewer and fewer nations are interested in hosting the event, given the high investment needed to stage it.

So what’s the International Olympic Committee (IOC) to do in these changing times? Get with the progressive, globalist program, apparently.

In addition to adding trendier sports like BMX and “the madison” (a team cycling event on a track), the Olympics is breaking the gender barrier and adding mixed-gender events in athletics, swimming, table tennis and triathlon.

Hey, it worked for the Hunger Games, right?

Per the BBC, The Games will include a 4x400m mixed relay in athletics and a 4x100m medley mixed relay in swimming.

IOC president Thomas Bach said the Games will be “more youthful, more urban and include more women.”

“We have taken a really important step forward in terms of gender equality,” said IOC sports director Kit McConnell.
    Rio 2016 champion swimmer Adam Peaty said on Thursday the introduction of mixed events for Tokyo 2020 would make the Olympics “more fun.”

“Obviously it’s very serious, but it’s great to mix things up from what they’ve been for so long as it adds a little spice and they’re great to watch.”
    The IAAF welcomed the introduction of mixed relays but says it could be difficult to implement.

It said in a statement: “We should not expect the athletes entered to compete in the men’s and women’s 4x400m relays, from which the participants for the mixed relay will be naturally drawn, to compete in a third round of heats and finals for the mixed relay without allocating the appropriate space and time in the programme or enabling teams to bring additional athletes.”

But who cares if it makes sense or is feasible or if the athletes can even do it? It’s the “right” thing to do. Just like in our military. Who cares if women simply don’t have the physical ability to become Army Rangers or Navy SEALS? We must have them in those ranks to demonstrate gender equality.

“Equality” has become such a useless term. Of course we must ensure equality of opportunity, whether it’s in education or employment, and demand equality of treatment before the law. No question about that.

But can we just agree it’s not possible to stamp out humans like cookies and make them all “equal?”

Olympians by nature aren’t “normal.” That’s how they got to be champions. Their skills are unequal. That’s why some win medals and some don’t. If women go head-to-head against men and lose, will feminists complain it wasn’t “fair?”

And of course the next question is…what’s the IOC’s opinion on transgender athletes? We’ve already seen a transgender weightlifter, who was born male smashing the competition against those poor, unfortunate girlies who were born female and want to stay that way. How is THAT fair?

What’s not fair is having to endure a progressive agenda shoved down your throat. But we all have an option. We simply don’t have to watch.

Source: Olympics introduces JAW-DROPPING change for 2020 games - Allen B. West - AllenBWest.com

I read somewhere that there were only two bidders for hosting the next olympics that had not withdrawn (after the crushing debt and corruption of Rio) and zero bids for the one after that ... so the issue may be moot. :)
    Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
      But we all have an option. We simply don’t have to watch.
      That is an option I already exercise because I am not interested in sports.
      Clyde Herrin's Blog
      Comment>

Transmen dont compete against men because males who are born male can beat them easily. So It really irritates that they allow Transwomen who even grow up as adult men and transitioned for just 2 years compete against women even in combat sports. They even hide it to the female athletes that they are about to fight someone who is not only born as a man but also have the bone and muscle density of a man. Mutilating their sex organs and injecting lifespan shortening female hormones won't make them a woman. I remember the female MMA fighter who complained that she is not aware she is fighting a man.
        Last edited by Sparky; 07-12-2017, 01:10 PM.
        Comment>

I really appreciate the idea of allowing transmen and transwomen to compete in a great game like Olympics and show their skills. But I would not encourage them to compete with the normal men and women who were born naturally by the way. It will be not fair and it is not equality. If they are going to compete in the games, let them have separate categories and players to compete with. By this way, I think they will also have a fair game and prove their skills. I hope they take a good decision.
          Comment>

I guess I don't understand. Is the "mixed" competition just co-ed teams? If so, I don't see the problem with that.
            Comment>

I have the solution: We remove male and female terminology from all sports, all grade levels, national international. Participants will be identified only by age. Example:

It, age 22, from Skofja Loka, Slovenia, will compete against it, age 24, from Fort Smith, Arkansas, in the its100-Meter dash. The winner will compete with it from Barcelona, Spain. The President of the games, it, from Stuttgart, Germany, will award the winner the It trophy. Here is a photograph of all the its involved.
              Last edited by Winken; 07-18-2017, 06:39 PM.
              Comment>

Originally posted by Winken View Post
                Participants will be identified only by age.
                What will you do about people who prefer not to reveal their ages?
                Clyde Herrin's Blog
                Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
                  What will you do about people who prefer not to reveal their ages?
                  Drat! That shows you the confusion among my support staff! We'll drop ages. We'll also drop locations. The latter could be shown to be discriminatory due to climate. And.......... no photographs, TV, or news items, in view of race! And......... since there are no longer winners, just participants, both its will receive acknowledgement in private, the trophy split down the middle between them, by an uninformed it from the crowd.

Thanks for keeping my staff on top of this!

Comment>

Originally posted by Winken View Post

Drat! That shows you the confusion among my support staff! We'll drop ages. We'll also drop locations. The latter could be shown to be discriminatory due to climate. And.......... no photographs, TV, or news items, in view of race! And......... since there are no longer winners, just participants, both its will receive acknowledgement in private, the trophy split down the middle between them, by an uninformed it from the crowd.

Thanks for keeping my staff on top of this!
                    I take offense to awarding a trophy as a prize as someone that identified once as a token because of my Asian heritage but now as a trophy to mankind.

God bless,
                    William
                    Comment>

I'm speechless.........
                      Comment>

I read the BBC article linked to in the OP, and it looks like this is indeed merely the IOC allowing co-ed team events.

I guess I fail to see what the issue is with that.
                        Comment>

Originally posted by River Jordan View Post
                          I read the BBC article linked to in the OP, and it looks like this is indeed merely the IOC allowing co-ed team events.

I guess I fail to see what the issue is with that.
                          So you see no issue with men taking the place of women on any team? Or women receiving hormone treatment such as testosterone competing against other women? There are cases already where one woman wrestler competed against other women, but the catch is she dominated as she was receiving testosterone injections.

Likewise, there are males identifying as women dominating weight lifting in the women's division. If the Olympics are allowing Transgender to compete under the gender of their choice it is merely a slippery slope of things to come.

God bless,
                          William
                          Comment>

I remember now the quote by Ruth Graham long years ago. The wife of Reverend Billy Graham . Paraphrasing: If God doesn't judge America soon He'll owe an apology to Sodom and Gomorrah.

Comment>

Originally posted by Pouty Puppy View Post
                              I remember now the quote by Ruth Graham long years ago. The wife of Reverend Billy Graham . Paraphrasing: If God doesn't judge America soon He'll owe an apology to Sodom and Gomorrah.

Oh, that's a good quote.

I once heard a politician state that he believes that America was blessed because America militarily supported the nation of Israel. I believe Israel has adopted the same views that America has about these issues. A nation that was supposed to be the light of the world. Just saying, not all of Israel is Israel

God bless,
                              William
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap