Christian news - breaking headlines from around the United States and the world. Trending hot topics in Christianity.

9 Killed in Horrific South Carolina Church Shooting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 Killed in Horrific South Carolina Church Shooting

Nine people were killed Wednesday night (June 17) when a gunman opened fire at a South Carolina church service.

More...

[FONT=trebuchet ms][SIZE=16px]God grant those who died rest and peace in his presence. And to the living may he grant grace to live on and peace to protect from troubling memories.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    Comment>

'At some point, we will have to address the fact that this kind of crime does not happen in other advanced countries'
      [SIZE=10px]President Barrack Obama.[/SIZE]

Well, it does, of course, but less frequently.

We can talk about the availability of guns, and deep-seated racism, on another day.

Meanwhile, we can mourn the senseless deaths, and send condolences to all those who have lost loved ones.

Best wishes, 2RM.
      Comment>

[FONT=trebuchet ms, helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=16px]In the past couple of days it's been reported that the killer held white supremacist views and that he wanted to provoke a race war by killing the people in that church. Is the USA so troubled by racist subcultures that such a possibility exists? [/SIZE][/FONT]
        Comment>

Originally posted by peppermint View Post
          [FONT=trebuchet ms, helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=16px]In the past couple of days it's been reported that the killer held white supremacist views and that he wanted to provoke a race war by killing the people in that church. Is the USA so troubled by racist subcultures that such a possibility exists? [/SIZE][/FONT]
          Without throwing more fuel onto the fire, I now believe Obama is the "first black president". Something I disagreed with until recently, now I acknowledge other ethnic groups are without representation (from a superficial point of identification). Today, in all his wisdom, Obama decided to drop the "N" word. Some people think along the lines of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend." Exactly who is the enemy? That's the greatest question having been asked since Obama took office.

The hopeful response from the victims of the church has positive direction. Christ's church is not black or white, but red from His shed blood for people of every tribe tongue and nation.

God bless,
          William
          Comment>

[FONT=trebuchet ms][SIZE=16px]From my distance (Australia is a long way away from the USA) the USA gives the appearance of a nation still deeply troubled by racism.[/SIZE][/FONT]
            Comment>

Originally posted by William

And if it weren't for the responses of the victims of that church, I wouldn't be hopeful. Christ's church isn't black or white but red, because of His shed blood for those of every tribe, tongue and nation.

God bless,
              William
              [FONT=trebuchet ms][SIZE=16px]But since that church's membership was mostly black there is in that fact an indication that (1) black people may be living in a specific geographic area with comparatively few white and hispanic people in the same area and (2) the black people in that church were not attending neighbouring 'white' churches of the same denomination which may imply some race related issues within the denomination. So as pleasant as the thought you suggest is it seems that the reality may not be the same.[/SIZE][/FONT]
              Comment>

Originally posted by peppermint View Post

[FONT=trebuchet ms][SIZE=16px]But since that church's membership was mostly black there is in that fact an indication that (1) black people may be living in a specific geographic area with comparatively few white and hispanic people in the same area and (2) the black people in that church were not attending neighbouring 'white' churches of the same denomination which may imply some race related issues within the denomination. So as pleasant as the thought you suggest is it seems that the reality may not be the same.[/SIZE][/FONT]
                Yes, I acknowledge shifting personal identity to a superficial form alters a person's perception of reality. Not only do some imply, but profit from such delusion.

I'd also like to add, Obama could of emphasized responses of the victims under the headship of Christ today, and gone so far as to unite us under God.

God bless,
                William
                Comment>

[FONT=trebuchet ms, helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=16px]One hopes that race relations in the USA will not become more fraught with difficulty in the future. [/SIZE][/FONT]
                  Comment>
                  Working...
                  X
                  Articles - News - SiteMap