Christian news - breaking headlines from around the United States and the world. Trending hot topics in Christianity.

Snowflake Factories?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowflake Factories?

Have our government-run schools turned out the Leftist, free speech-hating, feminists who need "safe spaces" to protect them for differing opinions?

Who's to blame for what's happened to American youth? Have government-run schools turned out these fragile snowflakes? Are they nothing more than snowflake factories?

Originally posted by thatbrian View Post
    Have our government-run schools turned out the Leftist, free speech-hating, feminists who need "safe spaces" to protect them for differing opinions?

Who's to blame for what's happened to American youth? Have government-run schools turned out these fragile snowflakes? Are they nothing more than snowflake factories?
    Is it the Government's academic curriculum? I would think that these educational institutions are following what 8 years of Obama set out for them?

Just because we have a GOP POTUS doesn't mean that they are going to change. We must challenge the left on an ideological front too. That's about impossible though when free speech and other perspectives are shunned, if not protested and rioted.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
      That's about impossible though when free speech and other perspectives are shunned, if not protested and rioted.
      Don't be ridiculous, as long as you say what they want to hear, you have total freedom of speech. Sorry, couldn't resist.

It's not just schools, it is an entire culture: the media, the schools, politics, are all pushing the same narrative. While I may not agree with everyone's views, I do think they should be aired, discussed, and considered or dismissed, which is a belief that seems to be becoming increasingly rare.

I've noticed the same over here: the Left just seem to be more outspoken. A Labour government gets in and they party in the streets, a conservative one and they riot, but either way it is the Left in the streets and the voters on the other side at home. The same thing happened with Brexit: the remainers were very vocal, the Leave voters tended to keep their heads down. It is what happens when one side can't conceive of anyone disagreeing with them and the other can.
      Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

Is it the Government's academic curriculum? I would think that these educational institutions are following what 8 years of Obama set out for them?

Just because we have a GOP POTUS doesn't mean that they are going to change. We must challenge the left on an ideological front too. That's about impossible though when free speech and other perspectives are shunned, if not protested and rioted.

God bless,
        William
        The ideology has come through the school system in large part, I think. They could not be so uniform a reaction otherwise.

People, even nominal Christians and atheists, used to get their ideology, at least in part, from Christianity because Christianity was ever present. It was in home, school and culture. It was absorbed in the air they breathed.

Comment>

Originally posted by ChatterBox View Post
          It's not just schools, it is an entire culture: the media, the schools, politics, are all pushing the same narrative.
          in 1995, the children's movie, Babe was about a pig who wanted to be a sheep dog, and he was able to because he wanted it badly enough and was brave enough. This finding of identity and of being true to yourself regardless of what family, society, and the mirror say, is an idea woven into the fabric of culture, but it was born in government-run schools.
          Comment>

Originally posted by ChatterBox
            Don't be ridiculous, as long as you say what they want to hear, you have total freedom of speech. Sorry, couldn't resist.

It's not just schools, it is an entire culture: the media, the schools, politics, are all pushing the same narrative. While I may not agree with everyone's views, I do think they should be aired, discussed, and considered or dismissed, which is a belief that seems to be becoming increasingly rare.

I've noticed the same over here: the Left just seem to be more outspoken. A Labour government gets in and they party in the streets, a conservative one and they riot, but either way it is the Left in the streets and the voters on the other side at home. The same thing happened with Brexit: the remainers were very vocal, the Leave voters tended to keep their heads down. It is what happens when one side can't conceive of anyone disagreeing with them and the other can.
            Thanks for the laugh. I've noticed as well what's being taught in public schools is significantly different than when I was in school, (not all that long ago btw). The driving force of this change are our Postmodern Societies. For the most part, both in the US and the UK, truth is considered relative. Unless something is revealed through the scientific method, it doesn't "have to be true."
            Comment>

Originally posted by ChatterBox View Post
              I like your sarcasm! We should have sarcasm day. Biblical sarcasm cracks me up:
              • Job 12:2: “No doubt you are the people, and wisdom will die with you.”
              • Isaiah 44:14–17: He [the idolater] cuts down cedars, or he chooses a cypress tree or an oak and lets it grow strong among the trees of the forest. He plants a cedar and the rain nourishes it. Then it becomes fuel for a man. He takes a part of it and warms himself; he kindles a fire and bakes bread. Also he makes a god and worships it; he makes it an idol and falls down before it. Half of it he burns in the fire. Over the half he eats meat; he roasts it and is satisfied. Also he warms himself and says, “Aha, I am warm, I have seen the fire!” And the rest of it he makes into a god, his idol, and falls down to it and worships it. He prays to it and says, “Deliver me, for you are my god!”
              • 1 Kings 18:27: And then Elijah: “And at noon Elijah mocked them, saying, ‘Cry aloud, for he is a god. Either he is musing, or he is relieving himself, or he is on a journey, or perhaps he is asleep and must be awakened’”.
              • Mark 2:16–17: “And the scribes of the Pharisees, when they saw that he [Jesus] was eating with sinners and tax collectors, said to his disciples, ‘Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?’ And when Jesus heard it, he said to them, ‘Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners’”.

Now back on topic :D

God bless,
              William
              Comment>

Give the 1st Amendment time to resurrect. It's still healing. I see a full vibrant, refreshing hope for USA and the conservative world. We'll be surprised to see how conservatism and enjoyment of God-given freedom to obey the law and freedom to respond to the expression of our love and understanding of God's love.

A righteous conservative SCOTUS Gorsuch in place; a good, fair and wise AG, Sessions; Education secretary, Devos know what they are doing and why they have been nominated. And a few and wisely selected, intelligently hand-picked conservative officials are in office.

Don't worry, liberal regressive PC culture idiocy is facing its long-awaited expected demise. They are slowly fading away...

I believe millions of God-fearing, God-loving Christians have been praying for our leaders.
                Last edited by PsalmOneCares; 04-20-2017, 08:58 AM.
                Comment>

Originally posted by PsalmOneCares View Post

Give the 1st Amendment time to resurrect. It's still healing. I see a full vibrant, refreshing hope for USA and the conservative world. We'll be surprised to see how conservatism and enjoyment of God-given freedom to obey the law and freedom to respond to the expression of our love and understanding of God's love.

A righteous conservative SCOTUS Gorsuch in place; a good, fair and wise AG, Sessions; Education secretary, Devos know what they are doing and why they have been nominated. And a few and wisely selected, intelligently hand-picked conservative officials are in office.

Don't worry liberal regressive PC culture idiocy is facing its long-awaited demise.

I believe millions of God-fearing, God-loving Christians have been praying for our leaders.
                  That's much more optimistic than is warranted, I think.
                  Comment>

That's much more optimistic than is warranted, I think.
                    ;)
                    Either that or sook, whine and be like wilted buttercups for the next 4 years. :rolleyes:
                    Comment>

Originally posted by PsalmOneCares View Post
                      ;)
                      Either that or sook, whine and be like wilted buttercups for the next 4 years. :rolleyes:
                      There are other options.

Facing the reality of the world as it is might serve to ignite some to action. Pie in the shy by and by won't.
                      Comment>

This is the reason why I advocate homeschooling. Just imagine what happened on my niece's school where the teacher thinks it is a Good idea to make kids watch Zeitgeist for film viewing. Also even if you ban kids from watching TV to avoid liberal video, schools can get them influenced by their peers. Seriously I just saw a kid singing Miley Cyrus's song about drug use and twerks. Public schools did became a snowflake propaganda factory. Homeschooling can make your kids see you as a role model instead of their peers who are rebellious.
                        Last edited by Sparky; 05-29-2017, 06:39 PM.
                        Comment>

I 100% agree ! Dept. Of Education Secretary Bessy DeVos is a great blessing to American families who love their children and their education. Kudos for this post Sparky !
                          Comment>
                          Working...
                          X
                          Articles - News - SiteMap