Christian news - breaking headlines from around the United States and the world. Trending hot topics in Christianity.

Anglican Priest Fired After Objecting to Muslim Prayer in Church

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anglican Priest Fired After Objecting to Muslim Prayer in Church

The video said the church was trying to build bridges to Muslim. We are not called to build bridges to the unsaved but to preach the gospel. Bridges can be crossed in two directions. Bridge building can make it easier for the unsaved to spread their teaching among Christians. Apparently that is what happened in this case.
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

No one would say a Bible reading in a mosque, particularly one that states the Jesus is the son and no one gets to the father save through him, would be welcome during the observances for Ramadan, so why do this during Epiphany?

It is not a small story over here, but it is remarkably hard to find major media coverage of. Once a backlash began and the media realised that many individuals of both faiths felt the reading was inappropriate, they buried it. The Reverend who set up the reading is still in place, while the one that objected has had to resign. What I don't understand is why an Anglican Church of England priest has to resign over objecting to actions taken by an Episcopalian priest in an Episcopalian church! The entire Anglican communion has objected to some of the Episcopalian church's actions.
      The head of the Scottish Episcopal Church has said it is "deeply distressed at the widespread offence that has been caused" by a reading from the Quran at St Mary's Cathedral.
      Last edited by ChatterBox; 01-27-2017, 11:13 PM.
      Comment>

Well, the Episcopalian church has become more and more liberal over time. So I am not surprised at this. This reverend should look into other denominations. Obviously, he is much more conservative than the rest of the church leadership.
        Comment>

I think that people should not have fired the priest because he was just speaking out for someone using informal prayer at a certain religious church for a certain religion. At most people should have just reprimanded him by scolding him that it was not right for him to object another person's way of expressing religion in the church. However the person that prayed in Muslim prayer sounds like he was disrupting the sermon in the church at that time. This sounds more of a complicated case and maybe people should have taken a step back to look at both sides of the argument. This is kind of shocking to hear and see this happen to a priest at a church but again it seems more complicated what the argument is between both parties.
          Comment>

Originally posted by derf View Post
            I think that people should not have fired the priest because he was just speaking out for someone using informal prayer at a certain religious church for a certain religion. At most people should have just reprimanded him by scolding him that it was not right for him to object another person's way of expressing religion in the church.
            What he was objecting to was a Muslim offering a Muslim prayer in a Christian church. Christianity is based on the belief that Jesus is the only way to God because he died for our sins and rose from the dead. Muslims deny that this happened. The priest should have been commended for speaking out against a church that is betraying the core of Christianity.
            Clyde Herrin's Blog
            Comment>

Wow, political correctness is even corrupting churches. We have a right to our beliefs and we have a right to defend them. If someone doesn't like it, they are free to choose another church (or go to a mosque, as the case may be).

I have to agree with ChatterBox. Would a Christian prayer be well received in a mosque? Not so much. Why then does anyone expect the opposite to be true? I don't think the man should have been fired.

Political correctness has run amok.
              Comment>

Originally posted by thisnthat View Post
                Wow, political correctness is even corrupting churches.
                It has been for decades.
                Comment>

Well, that's true. It's not new. It just really seems to be getting out of hand now.

I've read that in some areas preachers can even be arrested for "offensive" sermons. Wow!

I recently saw that the stars of Fixer Upper had come under attack for attending a church that preached against homosexuality. They hadn't even offered their own opinion. They were just bashed, threatened with boycotts, etc., just for going to that church.

Where's all this so-called 'tolerance' that has been being screamed about? Clearly, leftists don't understand the meaning of the word.
                  Comment>

"Build bridges" to muslims? Really?
                    109 Verses in the Koran calling for DEATH to the infidel.
                    WE are infidels.
                    "They want you, me, yours and mine DEAD.
                    Period.
                    Convert or die.
                    PERIOD!
                    Any questions?
                    We can tolerate Islam all we want but we would be tolerating
                    MURDER. OUR murder.
                    Get real people and "know thy enemy."
                    Comment>
                    Working...
                    X
                    Articles - News - SiteMap