Christian news - breaking headlines from around the United States and the world. Trending hot topics in Christianity.

Chicago: 4 in custody after mentally disabled man tied up, tortured on Facebook Live

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago: 4 in custody after mentally disabled man tied up, tortured on Facebook Live

Here is the article: 4 in custody after mentally disabled man tied up, tortured on Facebook Live
    Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon

I honestly do not know where to begin. What interests me most is the motive, the article states that the people responsible want the video to go viral. Who do they represent? Exactly who is the audience they are targeting? And what is the message? This could be easily identified as homegrown terrorism appealing to others in order to recruit more to a cause. Perhaps the four should be treated as terrorist during the investigation and interrogations?

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

This was more than disturbing, and it appears to be a hate crime. However, I will wait until more official information has been released and will continue to pray for the victim in the meantime. At least no one died, but what a sad state of affairs this entire thing appears to be :(

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
      Comment>

An update: Chicago Facebook Live beating suspects charged with hate crimes
        Comment>

Authorities in Chicago charged four people with hate crimes Thursday following the emergence of a disturbing video them shouting obscenities about the president-elect and white people while appearing to abuse a man authorities say has mental health issues.
          Comment>

This is very disturbing to see a story like this on the news to say the very least. This is awful that people would go out of their way to preform such an action for the sole purpose of trying to be viral. They sound in the news report that they targeted this person for being white and the reason why they did was based in political beliefs. This can be shown in the article where it describes the perpetrators taking their anger out on the victim because Donald Trump is elected. More than likely there is a follow up to this article explaining the story more detailed and even more why these suspects did this to the victim.
            Comment>

Hi Derf, I agree that this story was extremely disturbing, but I also believe that everything about it is also extremely sad, including the fate of the four young adults who perpetrated this horrible crime (whose lives, unless they become Christians while they are in jail, will undoubtedly amount to far less than nothing).

As far as follow-up articles are concerned, forget it, this kind of hate crime story doesn't fit the mainstream media's agenda (in fact, it speaks out against it).

Yours in Christ,
              David

Comment>
              Working...
              X
              Articles - News - SiteMap