Christian news - breaking headlines from around the United States and the world. Trending hot topics in Christianity.

National Geographic for Jan.2017. Transgender 9 year old boy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Geographic for Jan.2017. Transgender 9 year old boy

A boy who from the age of 5 has been living openly as a girl. The boys parents are totally responsible for allowing him to live this perverted lie. The very sad fact is 40% of all transgender people will attempt murdering themselves! Why would any parent encourage such a people the parents pervented lifestyle on a boy the love?

As a follower of Christ one must feel sorrow for the child. I think the parents are guilty of neglect and child endangerment, say nothing in failing to see this goes against the natural gender of the child.

What are your thoughts?

justme

Originally posted by justme View Post
    A boy who from the age of 5 has been living openly as a girl. The boys parents are totally responsible for allowing him to live this perverted lie. The very sad fact is 40% of all transgender people will attempt murdering themselves! Why would any parent encourage such a people the parents pervented lifestyle on a boy the love?

As a follower of Christ one must feel sorrow for the child. I think the parents are guilty of neglect and child endangerment, say nothing in failing to see this goes against the natural gender of the child.

What are your thoughts?

justme
    Check this out Justme: “You Are You” looks at a gender nonconforming camp for boys (PHOTOS).

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

It may not be a popular view here, but with true transgender cases there is definitely some underlying condition there. Sweden did a large study in 2011 that showed that - with or without reassignment - transgender individuals had a higher suicide risk, and that the only way to lower it was "improved psychiatric and somatic care". Intersex children, who are XXY genetically and born physically without gender also exist.

Can an otherwise normal child know they are transgender at age 5? I don't know. At that age I was still playing at being Batman: it didn't mean I wanted to be a boy! Most parents want medical privacy for their child, so putting them on Time magazine is something that immediately makes me uneasy. I do hope that the parents have taken medical advice from multiple sources and that this is not something being pushed or influenced onto the child (like the David Reimer tragedy, which proved gender was not fluid).
      Comment>

Originally posted by ChatterBox View Post
        It may not be a popular view here, but with true transgender cases there is definitely some underlying condition there. Sweden did a large study in 2011 that showed that - with or without reassignment - transgender individuals had a higher suicide risk, and that the only way to lower it was "improved psychiatric and somatic care". Intersex children, who are XXY genetically and born physically without gender also exist.

Can an otherwise normal child know they are transgender at age 5? I don't know. At that age I was still playing at being Batman: it didn't mean I wanted to be a boy! Most parents want medical privacy for their child, so putting them on Time magazine is something that immediately makes me uneasy. I do hope that the parents have taken medical advice from multiple sources and that this is not something being pushed or influenced onto the child (like the David Reimer tragedy, which proved gender was not fluid).
        I understand your thinking. The Bible is the very Words of Yahweh. and Yahweh has made it clear unless a person is either born sexless or with both male and female parts, we are to stay as we are created. The Bible further says men are not to ware women's clothing and the same for women. There are unisex clothes and that would be the exception.

Today there are pagans teaching high school and the lower grades, teaching immorality and sexual perversions as being normal and totally acceptable. In some states teachers are required to teach that having two mommies or two daddies is "normal" and "good"! The Bible warns that people will say good is bad and bad is good. there is coming a day of accountability and Gods judgment will be upon those who have taught there terrible things to children.

The day is now for those who can possible home school their children should do so. Our children are taught we have evolved and not as the Bible says "created". Ther are taught the Earth is millions of years old and that is a lie! now days anyone who believes the Bible is stupid or just out right dumb! Those who are faithful to Yahweh and His Word (the Bible) are very different in the eyes of the world. Never before in the History of the United States has being a Christian been looked upon like it is now.

I solidly believe the Bible from Genesis to Revelation and all between the pages. I am a kind caring person to most all people, I am not aggressive, but will defend my faith in Jesus Christ and the Bible until the day I go home. I honestly have compassion for those who do not understand who Jesus is or those who have never heard who he is.

I wish you all a blessed Christmas.

​​​​​​​justme
        Comment>

I think the parents were just afraid that their child would leave them if they force him or give any treatment as you guys say that transgender suicides are more. It is a common fear for the parents but what would the child do if he is born that way. Only the lord should help him.
          Comment>

Originally posted by harijobs View Post
            I think the parents were just afraid that their child would leave them if they force him or give any treatment as you guys say that transgender suicides are more. It is a common fear for the parents but what would the child do if he is born that way. Only the lord should help him.
            Just because something "might" have a biological cause does not mean embracing the effects is the right thing to do

Deuteronomy 22:5 deals with the issue cross-dressing / transvestism (men dressing in women’s clothing and vice versa). God commands that a woman is not to wear that which pertains to a man and a man is not to wear that which pertains to a woman, for all that do so are an “abomination.”
            • “A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God.

Whatever the prevailing custom, men and women should wear gender-appropriate clothing, dressing decently and in order (1 Corinthians 14:40). To apply the principles, the Bible calls cross-dressing or transvestitism a choice that is a demonstration of unbelief and rebellion against God and His order.

God bless,
            William
            Comment>

Personally I have nothing against being transgender mainly because I feel that people should have the right to do what they want as long as it does not affect anyone else in any way. It is slightly weird and hard to understand the feelings that someone gets that makes them want to be a different gender but as long as it does not affect me I'm fine with it. The biggest problem for me is this situation posted here. How can a five year old know that he wants to be a girl when he is a boy? What makes them want to change gender? I mean what five year old knows what a transgender person is unless they have been told by their parents? I feel like this is extremely irresponsible on the part of the parents because it looks as though the child has been manipulated or pressured into wanting to be a girl
              Comment>

Originally posted by kingcool52 View Post
                The biggest problem for me is this situation posted here. How can a five year old know that he wants to be a girl when he is a boy? What makes them want to change gender? I mean what five year old knows what a transgender person is unless they have been told by their parents? I feel like this is extremely irresponsible on the part of the parents because it looks as though the child has been manipulated or pressured into wanting to be a girl
                The biggest problem for me is putting the child on the cover of Time magazine. There is no way a child of five could consent to that or understand the consequences. That article won't go away so whether they transition or not when they are older, when they start trying to get their first job a google search by an employer and it will be the first thing that comes up. Living as either gender without changing their name and identity could be made very difficult indeed. There are reasons why the law protects the identity of children in legal cases or medical reports, and I think it might be time to make the media follow them.

Comment>

I had four children who are now grown -- so I've been around a few 5 year olds. The parents / guardian legally responsible for a five year old are making that determination For him. My two youngest were a boy and girl. They went through a 'cute' stage of dressing up in each other's clothes. That was 30 some years ago. Now days a 'progressive parent' would probably be spending hundred's of dollars on a therapist for them. And That would be totally ridiculous. Parent's would be observing their children from day one -- loving , nurturing them physically and emotionally. Some girls are tomboys and some guys tend towards being a cheerleader or some other area that's usually 'girls'. That's where a father guides his son and a mother her daughter. But the concept of actually changing their gender. They need to work with what God gave them. Sometimes it seems like Society has gone 'bonkers' or something.
                  Comment>

Originally posted by Sue D. View Post
                    Sometimes it seems like Society has gone 'bonkers' or something.
                    People are looking for somebody to take on the role of a secular priest or pastor, and they are heading for the psychiatrist's couch because they at least seem to have something to do with an immaterial mind, and therefore, by extension, "spirituality".

Muddle headed though that may be, they no longer have the genuine article in a religion and spiritual mentor.

Comment>

Something like "looking for 'love' in all the wrong places" -- God is supposed to be our most important relationship and then others. But it tends to be Others first and then ' maybe we should try praying about it'. The psychiatrist's couch is undivided, one-on-one attention from a human expert. And often That is what we're lacking. Connecting with people / neighbors / church -- spiritual mentors. We're lacking a sense of community.

Maybe the Gender ID thing is an off-shoot of evolutionary thinking. After all --If people are simply a by-product of nature -- nature sometimes makes mistakes -- and when it Does -- an 'observant' parent will notice their child's 'unusual' behavior and strive to correct it early on.

Comment>
                      Working...
                      X
                      Articles - News - SiteMap