Christian news - breaking headlines from around the United States and the world. Trending hot topics in Christianity.

Franklin Graham Says There Is No Tolerance for Christians in Culture After Marine Court-Martialed for Keeping Bible Verse on Her Computer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franklin Graham Says There Is No Tolerance for Christians in Culture After Marine Court-Martialed for Keeping Bible Verse on Her Computer

More...

The title of this thread misrepresents what actually happened. The marine wasn't keeping a verse on her computer; the computer was actually the property of the government. The fact that she was court-martialed does show intolerance but she didn't have a legal right to express her faith the way she did. The Bible says Christians should express our faith publicly but it also says we should submit to the authority of the government.
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

Is there such a law that no one shall express their faith on government computers, and if so, does this just apply to Christians? What if she was a Muslim? Jesus says "preach the word. Be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine." This commandment from the Lord supersedes the laws of man. Any commandment from the Lord supersedes any law of man. Other than that, I agree with post #2.
      Comment>

A government-owned (owned by us) computer for her exclusive use... Normally employees may decorate such computers as they wish. So, this woman not being allowed to keep a Bible verse on her computer is pure religious intolerance, at least on the part of her supervisor. But, she wasn't court-martialed for the verse, but for refusing to obey her supervisor. I wonder how this would have turned out if it were a sticker of the American flag, or her husband that was was told to remove, and she refused. Maybe she would have been given some minor discipline for refusing to obey, but the supervisor would have been forced to back down on the removal order? What does one do, in the military, if one believes his supervisor is being unfair or discriminatory?
        Comment>

Originally posted by Cornelius View Post
          A government-owned (owned by us) computer for her exclusive use... Normally employees may decorate such computers as they wish. So, this woman not being allowed to keep a Bible verse on her computer is pure religious intolerance, at least on the part of her supervisor. But, she wasn't court-martialed for the verse, but for refusing to obey her supervisor. I wonder how this would have turned out if it were a sticker of the American flag, or her husband that was was told to remove, and she refused. Maybe she would have been given some minor discipline for refusing to obey, but the supervisor would have been forced to back down on the removal order? What does one do, in the military, if one believes his supervisor is being unfair or discriminatory?
          Follow the chain of command. You are right, she refused to obey her supervisor. As for tolerance, I'm reading of special rights sodomites enjoy in the military such as wearing the military uniform in public demonstrations, and also other religious persons being able to grow out facial hair or wear head coverings. The action here doesn't seem to be consistent in tolerating religious beliefs, but seemingly has only increased in hostility towards Christians. If by chance she had a picture or quote suggesting "kill them all, let God sort em out" ... I betcha no action would have been taken.

God bless,
          William

Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap