Christian news - breaking headlines from around the United States and the world. Trending hot topics in Christianity.

United Methodists: Practicing Homosexuality Doesn't Contradict Christian Doctrine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United Methodists: Practicing Homosexuality Doesn't Contradict Christian Doctrine

The United Methodist Church leadership has voted to submit a proposal to the 2016 General Conference that would remove “prohibitive” language about homosexuality from the United Methodist Book of Discipline.

More...

Good thing God doesn't change the Bible that way. This is exactly why I don't go for corporate churches, having been a Methodist at one time. Faceless morons are apostatizing in large corporate denominations, and the local pastors and congregations have nothing to say or do about it. Just like having preacher-ettes when leaders of churches are to be men only. Eventually "progressives" creep in unawares corrupting the doctrines of the Bible. People can change their confessions and creeds, but the Bible shall not be changed, as it is guarded by God. This is an example of why using creeds, etc. can be broken down and churches become useless. We must stick to the Bible. Look what's happened to the SBC or even within the Presbyterian Churches! Breakup after breakup because someone at the top introduces false doctrine and gains support for it. I was brought up when the Methodist Church was not "United", then united with a liberal church (the name escapes me). They have their creeds and so forth too, and they do not safeguard against anything. Only the Bible can do that, and this article is just one of who knows how many that proves my point. Why do they corrupt themselves? The love of money is the root of all evil.
    Comment>
    Working...
    X
    Articles - News - SiteMap