Christian news - breaking headlines from around the United States and the world. Trending hot topics in Christianity.

The 5 Most Dangerous Wolves Preying on Christians

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 5 Most Dangerous Wolves Preying on Christians

The most dangerous attacks against Christianity often come from within the Church, not from without. For many believers, it's easy to see through the idolatrous rebellion exhibited by the likes of the new atheists (Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, et al.), for example. However, errors and flat-out heresies that are couched in "Sunday School" language are hard-to-see stumbling blocks for many people.

The five people on this list have mastered the art of hijacking Jesus for their rebellious ends. Most of them are very popular with a large following; all of them have had and continue to have a negative influence on Christianity. All five have earned their place in Jesus' warning found in Matthew 7:15 to "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves."

Read More: The 5 Most Dangerous Christian Teachers

Excerpt from the article:

"Slowly but surely, these deceived Christians are allowing a teaching to affect them that flatly contradicts the teachings of Jesus, the Apostle Paul, and the entire canon of Scriptures: that Christ followers are called to suffer.

Turning hearts away from the hope found only in Jesus Christ, Joel Osteen is dangling the shiny false salvation of earthly prosperity in the eyes of people who are hurting."

AGREED! Prosperity doctrine is one of the most prevalent and INSIDIOUS heresies that are permeating the Christian faith today!

FACT: If you have a roof overhead, get 3 squares a day you are RICHER than 75% of the WORLD!!

"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God." - Mark 10:25

While it is indeed true that we cannot "out-give God", He blesses us so that we may bless OTHERS! Contrastingly prosperity doctrine would have us believe we should tear down our barns and build bigger ones to heap that treasure up unto ourselves!

Then He said to them, “Beware, and be on your guard against every form of greed; for not even when one has an abundance does his life consist of his possessions.” - Luke 12:15

"No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money." - Luke 16:13

The more we divest ourselves of the idols of self and possessions the more we open our hearts to receive a richer and fuller Faith. In turn in giving of our ALL not our SUBSTANCE we store up treasure in Heaven where our heart and TRUE and EVERLASTING inheritance lie!!

"Listen, my dear brothers and sisters: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?" - James 2:5

"Sell your possessions and give to charity; make yourselves money belts which do not wear out, an unfailing treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near nor moth destroys." - Luke 12:33

Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,

"Never will I leave you;
    never will I forsake you." - Hebrews 13:5

Sacrifice, suffering and persecution are the vestments a TRUE follower of Christ puts on. For the servant is not greater than the master.

Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. - 2Ti 3:12-13

"Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me." - John 15:20-22
    Comment>
    Working...
    X
    Articles - News - SiteMap