Christian news - breaking headlines from around the United States and the world. Trending hot topics in Christianity.

Wake County school board votes to stop naming valedictorians

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wake County school board votes to stop naming valedictorians

I can some this up in just one word. Stupid!
    The Wake County school board gave initial approval Tuesday to a policy that would discontinue the naming of valedictorians and salutatorians after 2018. Wake would switch to a new system that would recognize students with Latin titles such as “cum laude” based on their GPA. The new policy would result in more high school seniors getting recognition.

So, are they just going to hand out "Precious Snowflake" badges during every graduation ceremony?
    Comment>

Originally posted by Knotical View Post
      So, are they just going to hand out "Precious Snowflake" badges during every graduation ceremony?
      "Precious Snowflake badges" I love that.
      Comment>

Well isn't that special ! What's next everyone gets a A . The whole thing is quite depressing.
        Lets take it easy on the kids so that they are poorly equipped to take on the reality of life after school or the challenges that college will present . In my opinion it is things like this that cause folks to snap when really hard challenges are faced . If you don't get the youth prepared for competition they will be living in mom's basement for quite some time.
        I pray that our children can survive our kindness
        Blessings
        Bill
        Comment>

Originally posted by Laish View Post
          Well isn't that special ! What's next everyone gets a A . The whole thing is quite depressing.
          Lets take it easy on the kids so that they are poorly equipped to take on the reality of life after school or the challenges that college will present . In my opinion it is things like this that cause folks to snap when really hard challenges are faced . If you don't get the youth prepared for competition they will be living in mom's basement for quite some time.
          I pray that our children can survive our kindness
          Blessings
          Bill
          I could not agree more.

Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap