Christian news - breaking headlines from around the United States and the world. Trending hot topics in Christianity.

Creator of Fake Website Selling Prayers is Forced to Pay Back over $7 Million to Customers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creator of Fake Website Selling Prayers is Forced to Pay Back over $7 Million to Customers

The creator of a fake prayer website, which sold prayers to customers for payment, has been forced to pay restitution of up to $7.5 million to customers he swindled.

More...

I don't know which is worse, that someone would run a scam like this or that so many people know so little about prayer that they would fall for it.
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
      I don't know which is worse, that someone would run a scam like this or that so many people know so little about prayer that they would fall for it.
      I going with "many people know so little about prayer that they would fall for it."

Comment>

And do we understand a little better why, "Jesus wept"?
        Comment>

This article could of passed in the Christian satire sub-forum.
          Comment>

Reminds me of the historical stories of when the Catholic Church used to 'sell' indulgences. I'm always saddened when I read these things. But, those people and the man behind the scam need our prayers.
            Comment>

Anyone who would pay for a prayer is superstitious, not faithful.
              Comment>
              Working...
              X
              Articles - News - SiteMap