Christian news - breaking headlines from around the United States and the world. Trending hot topics in Christianity.

BREAKING: U.S. has launched airstrikes against ISIS weapons of mass destruction; here’s what you need to know

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BREAKING: U.S. has launched airstrikes against ISIS weapons of mass destruction; here’s what you need to know

    CNN is reporting that our U.S. military has conducted airstrikes against ISIS chemical weapons targets — weapons of mass destruction — based on information provided by a senior ISIS operative capture .

    The U.S. military has conducted airstrikes against targets it believes are crucial to ISIS’ chemical weapons program based on information provided by a senior ISIS operative involved in chemical weapons, several U.S. officials told CNN.

    The information he provided to interrogators has given the U.S. enough information to begin striking ISIS areas in Iraq associated with the group’s chemical weapons program. One U.S. official said the goal is to locate, target and carry out strikes that will result in the destruction of ISIS’s entire chemical weapons enterprise — mainly mustard agent ISIS produces itself.
    So, what does this mean beyond the headlines? Col. Allen West delves deeper here with his analysis:

    So, President Obama has said the “war on terror” has pretty much ended. Just for the record, I do believe that’s a horrible moniker, as a nation cannot fight a tactic, such as “terror.” Therefore, let’s establish this is a war against Islamic jihadism or Islamo-fascism.

    Obama has declared — unilaterally mind you — that combat operations are over, done, kaput. So, may I ask, why are we deploying U.S. Special Operations forces and conventional combat troops to Iraq and Afghanistan? C’mon Barack, just level with us, you based strategic security decisions on your campaign promises and political ideology, and it’s backfired. And now you and your genius National Security Advisors Susan Rice and Ben Rhodes — an English poetry major, I believe — cannot get out of your own way fast enough. And it seems the real strategy, in your mind, is just to pass this hot potato onto the next unlucky schmuck while you open up a presidential library.

    BREAKING: U.S. has launched airstrikes against ISIS weapons of mass destruction; here's what you need to know - Allen B. West - AllenBWest.com

  • #2
    Hopefully, President Hillary will have more cojones in her dealings with ISIS...Maybe she'll ask for help from ladies who do more than just talk tough...

    Click image for larger version

Name:	israelplanevssaudicars.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	11637


    PermaFrost
    Comment>

    • #3
      Originally posted by PermaFrost View Post
      Hopefully, President Hillary will have more cojones in her dealings with ISIS...Maybe she'll ask for help from ladies who do more than just talk tough...

      PermaFrost
      More than who? Obama? Liberal women do tend to be more butch. I'm sure Democrats will push women into all combat roles, and include them in any future draft.
      Comment>

      • #4
        Originally posted by William View Post
        More than who? Obama?
        Yes, more than Obama. President Hillary - it seems she's going to be the next One - will hopefully be tougher than President Putin. If the U.S. really wants a tough President, you would have to elect the guy that all the Republicans are against...

        Originally posted by William View Post
        Liberal women do tend to be more butch.
        Democrat women aren't as attractive as Michelle Bachmann or Sarah Palin but that may be just bad genes...or maybe Democrat women are bitter hags. Israeli lady fighter pilots are quite attractive for the most part. I'm sure they all vote Likud...

        Originally posted by William View Post
        I'm sure Democrats will push women into all combat roles...
        Again, if a woman wants a combat role, give it to her. (A draft would be a different story.)


        PermaFrost



        Comment>

        • #5
          Scripture says to elect God fearing men. No way around it. Scripture does not say vote for the lesser of two evils so your party can win. Our ballots have a place to put "other" should it come down to only Hillary and Trump.
          Comment>

          • #6
            Originally posted by William View Post
            Scripture says to elect God fearing men. No way around it. Scripture does not say vote for the lesser of two evils so your party can win. Our ballots have a place to put "other" should it come down to only Hillary and Trump.
            There is nothing about democracies in Scripture, so you're reaching. The Bible reference you quoted elsewhere about choosing God-fearing men does not apply. If the CEO of a company isn't a Christian, does that mean you can't work for the company?

            There isn't a single God-fearing presidential hopeful in either party. The parties have very different ideologies so all votes count. To abstain from voting is to waste a vote.


            PermaFrost
            Comment>

            • #7
              Originally posted by PermaFrost View Post

              There is nothing about democracies in Scripture, so you're reaching. The Bible reference you quoted elsewhere about choosing God-fearing men does not apply. If the CEO of a company isn't a Christian, does that mean you can't work for the company?

              There isn't a single God-fearing presidential hopeful in either party. The parties have very different ideologies so all votes count. To abstain from voting is to waste a vote.


              PermaFrost
              So you're suggesting this has no application today? Exodus 18:21 - "Moreover, look for able men from all the people, men who fear God, who are trustworthy and hate a bribe, and place such men over the people as chiefs of thousands, of hundreds, of fifties, and of tens". Clearly, Exodus 18:21 speaks of what manner men ought to be chosen to bear office. Also see 1 Peter 2:13-14. The fear of God is the principle which best fortifies a man against all temptations to injustice, Nehemiah 5:15; Genesis 42:18.

              However, it will nevertheless be subjected to a liberal interpretation which says these Scriptures were only for a time, cultural, and no longer applicable, they are chauvinistic, bias, and demonstrate prejudice. And this line of unbelief and thinking is what has led to the slippery slope and apostasy of so many churches and needlessly said, our country.

              You also ignore the obvious. There is nothing about democracy in God's word. His word is not up for a vote. We are talking about the Government's role to not only rule over the affairs of men but also wield the sword.

              The civil magistrate cannot function without some standard of good and evil. If that standard is not the revealed law of God, then in some form or expression it will have to be a law of men -- the standard of self-law or autonomy. Men must choose in their civil affairs to be governed by God's law (theonomy), to be ruled by tyrants, or acquiesce to increasing social degeneracy. - What is Theonomy
              You certainly spoke your mind on the Scripture, but you're entitled to only one vote. I will vote for the man that I believe God fearing whether he is the nominee of my party or not.

              God bless,
              William
              Comment>

              • #8
                Yeah, because a mom should be flying combat missions... not.

                Women in Israel may be far ahead of women in Saudi Arabia, but Christians in Israel are not far ahead of Christians in Saudi Arabia. But, granted, being kicked out of the country doesn't hurt as much as corporeal punishment. But, I don't defend, let alone idolize, either Saudi Arabia or Israel.
                Comment>

                • #9
                  Originally posted by Cornelius View Post
                  Yeah, because a mom should be flying combat missions... not.

                  Women in Israel may be far ahead of women in Saudi Arabia, but Christians in Israel are not far ahead of Christians in Saudi Arabia. But, granted, being kicked out of the country doesn't hurt as much as corporeal punishment. But, I don't defend, let alone idolize, either Saudi Arabia or Israel.
                  I didn't find anything commendable about having women fly F-16s in combat. Neither do I find what Israel is doing as a "light to all nations". And I think you're right Cornelius, being a mom is viewed as degrading by some women. Our women are something us men should be defending, and not sending in harms way. Top military Generals are already saying women need be included in the draft.

                  On topic, stories are rolling in today of IS using WMDs in Iraq: Eyewitness account: ISIL steps up mustard gas attacks on Kurds in Iraq
                  Comment>

                  • #10
                    Originally posted by William View Post
                    So you're suggesting this has no application today?

                    It does have application for today ...but not much. I also said this:

                    Originally posted by PermaFrost View Post
                    There is nothing about democracies in Scripture, so you're reaching
                    Exodus 18 isn't about a democracy. No one is elected. Moses isn't named Cheif by his peers. No one can be voted out of office. You are reaching or extrapolating when you apply this to a democracy. The very first democracy wasn't established until 3000 years after the events in Exodus.

                    By spoiling your ballot or not voting you are contributing to the demise of the USA. But don't worry about that...you're in the majority. Most Americans have better things to do than vote! You've just found a better-sounding excuse...



                    PermaFrost
                    Comment>

                    • #11
                      Originally posted by PermaFrost View Post


                      It does have application for today ...but not much. I also said this:



                      Exodus 18 isn't about a democracy. No one is elected. Moses isn't named Cheif by his peers. No one can be voted out of office. You are reaching or extrapolating when you apply this to a democracy. The very first democracy wasn't established until 3000 years after the events in Exodus.

                      By spoiling your ballot or not voting you are contributing to the demise of the USA. But don't worry about that...you're in the majority. Most Americans have better things to do than vote! You've just found a better-sounding excuse...

                      PermaFrost
                      I feel like a mosquito in a nudest colony. I do not even know where to begin.

                      God bless,
                      William
                      Comment>

                      • #12
                        Originally posted by William View Post
                        So you're suggesting this has no application today? Exodus 18:21 - "Moreover, look for able men from all the people, men who fear God, who are trustworthy and hate a bribe, and place such men over the people as chiefs of thousands, of hundreds, of fifties, and of tens"
                        Yes, if election is how we choose leaders, then we are to elect men who fear God, are trustworthy, and hates bribes (being influenced).
                        Comment>

                        • #13
                          Originally posted by William View Post
                          I feel like a mosquito in a nudest colony. I do not even know where to begin.
                          There are all kinds of crazy and unbiblical ideas floating around in Christianity. On one site, a guy got all insensed that I kept referring to the Messiah as «Jesus». He insisted that true Christians call the Messiah «Yehashua». When I pointed out that other Christians insisted with just as much force as he that the real name of Messiah was «Yeshua», he said this to me:

                          «You're a lawless anti-Torah Christian who uses the false man-made name for Messiah. You're not calling on Messiah but on a DEMON.»

                          LOL...Some people are just sooooo wacko they don't even deserve a response! As for you, William, I don't put you in that category. I'm sure you abstain from voting for what you feel are noble reasons. Unfortunately, an abstention isn't a vote. An abstention just makes all votes count even more. Abstentions also make it that much easier for bad resolutions to pass.


                          PermaFrost
                          Comment>

                          • #14
                            Originally posted by PermaFrost View Post
                            I'm sure you abstain from voting for what you feel are noble reasons. Unfortunately, an abstention isn't a vote. An abstention just makes all votes count even more. Abstentions also make it that much easier for bad resolutions to pass.
                            I did not say I wouldn't vote. But I will not vote for someone that advocates abortion, and another that advocated abortion, donated to the cause, and currently defends Planned Parenthood. I will say the other major thing that bothers me about Trump, besides his flip flopping. The man admitted to never reading the Constitution. He said that he never saw the value in it. Mind you, soldiers take an oath to defend the Constitution from both foreign and domestic threats. Yet he appeals to military persons and those supporting our troops. I can't vote for a Commander and Chief that has made such a statement. He never saw the value in the Constitution. Sounds like Obama, only Trump is the "Right" leaning version.

                            Lastly, Trump's testimony and statements are contrary to a Christian worldview. The man is not an active member at any church, and does not ask God for forgiveness. He said he has never even ever asked God for forgiveness. He will not even keep his eyes closed and head bowed for prayer for the deceased during a moment of silence.

                            You are entitled to vote for the person you think is best. As for me, I will vote by filling out the "other" on the ballot if it comes down to Trump. Trump calls himself a Washington outsider and plays that tune. Yet today Rubio, an establishment favorite wants people to vote for others to defeat Trump instead of Cruz. Why is that? Guess one will need to take Trump for his promises, because he has absolutely no track record on the issues of keeping them, but to the contrary he has plenty. Guess some will have to forget everything they know about the depravity of man. As for me, I'm going with a candidate that has a track record on the issues that are important to the Christian worldview. A man I believe is God fearing.

                            God bless,
                            William
                            Comment>

                            • #15
                              Originally posted by William View Post

                              I did not say I wouldn't vote. But I will not vote for someone that advocates abortion, and another that advocated abortion, donated to the cause, and currently defends Planned Parenthood. I will say the other major thing that bothers me about Trump, besides his flip flopping. The man admitted to never reading the Constitution. He said that he never saw the value in it. Mind you, soldiers take an oath to defend the Constitution from both foreign and domestic threats. Yet he appeals to military persons and those supporting our troops. I can't vote for a Commander and Chief that has made such a statement. He never saw the value in the Constitution. Sounds like Obama, only Trump is the "Right" leaning version.

                              Lastly, Trump's testimony and statements are contrary to a Christian worldview. The man is not an active member at any church, and does not ask God for forgiveness. He said he has never even ever asked God for forgiveness. He will not even keep his eyes closed and head bowed during prayer for the deceased during a moment of silence.

                              You are entitled to vote for the person you think is best. As for me, I will vote by filling out the "other" on the ballot if it comes down to Trump. Trump calls himself a Washington outsider and plays that tune. Yet today Rubio, an establishment favorite wants people to vote for Trump instead of Cruz. Why is that? Guess one will need to take Trump for his promises, because he has absolutely no track record on the issues for keeping them, but to the contrary he has plenty. Guess some will have to forget everything they know about the depravity of man. As for me, I'm going with a candidate that has a track record on the issues that are important to the Christian worldview. A man I believe is God fearing.

                              God bless,
                              William
                              Love your post. But what was that you said about staying on topic? LOL Not that easy is it.

                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap