Christian news - breaking headlines from around the United States and the world. Trending hot topics in Christianity.

African Countries Clamp Down on Churches Tied to ‘Miracle Cures’

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• African Countries Clamp Down on Churches Tied to ‘Miracle Cures’

Led by charismatic preachers and self-proclaimed prophets, African churches are swelling with promises of miracle healings, signs and wonders. But in recent months, governments across the continent are trying to rein in these churches.

More...

Well its no surprise since the oil well owners and other rich Muslims are paying many people in African countries to accept Islam, they simply don't want Christianity there, and for people who have never seen a dollar a day the bigger dollars will make many people do anything.

I have heard many great stories come out of Africa myself, God is at work in those countries, Christ has been preached all over and many have heard and accepted the gospel and as we all know people who know their rights come from God are much harder to control.
    Comment>

Africans tend to be a simple people, very easily mislead by charlatans. The top two richest pastors in the whole world don't have megachurches in some prosperous spot of the Bible belt in the USA, while selling millions of books to westerners. They have megachurches in one of the poorest countries in the world, Nigeria, and they teach perversion of Christianity.
      Last edited by Cornelius; 02-18-2016, 09:44 AM.
      Comment>

John 6:2 - "And a large crowd was following him, because they saw the signs that he was doing on the sick". Many follow the miracles, but look what happened later in John 6 when Jesus began preaching, 66 "After this many of his disciples turned back and no longer walked with him". We have to remember that Judas too followed Jesus, was close to him, and had heard His teaching. Although Judas was up close and personal to Jesus he was not truly converted.

I am sorry to say that whenever I hear one of these stories I think these people are superstitious, though it works for the Christians favor, but what happens when someone exposes the magician's tricks? Matthew 12:39, "But he answered them, “An evil and adulterous generation seeks for a sign, but no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah". Sola Fide!!!

God bless,
        William
        Comment>
        Working...
        X
        Articles - News - SiteMap