Christian news - breaking headlines from around the United States and the world. Trending hot topics in Christianity.

Supreme Court Justice Scalia dead at 79

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supreme Court Justice Scalia dead at 79

Supreme Court Justice Scalia dead at 79 | Fox News

Well this is the end. No doubt BO is salivating at this very moment.

It will be interesting. I'm sure Obama and the Liberal Democrats will do their best to nominate a new Supreme Court Justice as soon as possible. I just read that Ted Cruz is part of the decision for the next Supreme Court Justice. I'm sure the Senate if led by Conservatives will do their best to delay the next Justice until after the election. Regardless, Obama's nominee will have to get past the GOP Senate. Question is whether the RINOs will make all the difference.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
      It will be interesting. I'm sure Obama and the Liberal Democrats will do their best to nominate a new Supreme Court Justice as soon as possible. I just read that Ted Cruz is part of the decision for the next Supreme Court Justice. I'm sure the Senate if led by Conservatives will do their best to delay the next Justice until after the election. Regardless, Obama's nominee will have to get past the GOP Senate. Question is whether the RINOs will make all the difference.

God bless,
      William
      I don't know what will happen but I did a little research. In the history of the U.S. only twelve nominees have been formally rejected by the Senate. Of the twelve, four were from the 20th century. There have been a total of 112 Justices of the Supreme Court. The odds do not appear to be good.

Comment>

Scalia was one of three solid conservatives, vs. four solid liberals on the Supreme Court. Even on a good day, the Constitution usually doesn't win by more than 5-4 (when the two moderates join the conservatives). If Obama can get a liberal on the court to replace Scalia, America will sink to a whole new level of tyranny.

Republicans control congress, so they can block Obama's appointments. Republicans need to be at war on this.
        Comment>

Let's look back at some resent Supreme Court cases. The Supreme Court when against the Constitution, the States, the Voters, and Congress and ruled the government must support same-sex marriage. A more liberal supreme court will strike down all legal protections of religious and conscientious objections to individuals being forced to support SSM.

The Supreme Court ruled in favor of Obamacare and against the Constitution, the States, and the People, by granting the government the power to impose fines to force force people to buy something (government-designed insurance). Also, Obamacare forbids the federal government from directly engaging in mediating insurance purchases (healthcare exchanges), but a more liberal court will mandate that the feds mediate insurance purchases, in spite of the law and the Constitution -- bet your life on it.

Some years ago, but not too many, the Supreme Court ruled by just 5-4 that the Boy Scouts, a semi-religious, private organization, could exclude homosexuals because homosexual conduct is inconstant with the Boy Scout mission. A more liberal Supreme Court will reverse this and compel every private organization this side of an outright church to accept homosexuals, even when homosexual leaders within the organization use their position to promote homosexual conduct. Also, the courts have already refused to protect the Boy Scouts from discrimination/punishment by local Democrat governments for the Boy Scout's right to not accept homosexuals. (The Scouts have mostly capitulated to Democrat government pressure, anyway, in spite of their Supreme Court victory.) This and other 5-4 Constitutional victories will quickly be reversed.

Long ago, Supreme Court appointments were mostly non-political and so it was rare for Congress to block appointments. But, now four judges on the Supreme Court are totally political. And, Democrats started themselves blocking appointments for political reasons, such as Justice Bork.
          Comment>

It certainly appears likely that President Obama will try to appoint a liberal to replace Justice Scalia, but we must not forget Proverbs 21:1, "The king's heart is a stream of water in the hand of the LORD; he turns it wherever he will." We should pray that God will either cause President Obama to appoint someone who is conservative and would render good decisions or keep him from appointing a successor at all so that the decision will be left to his successor. We should also continue to pray for President Obama's salvation.
            Clyde Herrin's Blog
            Comment>

Todd Starnes, the man at Fox News who has made it his job to blow the whistle on Political Correctness, made this comment regarding the open seat on the Supreme Court:

The 2016 presidential race just got real, folks.
              Indeed, it has.
              Comment>

Oh boy, these types of memes are being circulated now on Facebook. I read that Obama isn't planning to attend Scalia's funeral, one reporter even asked the spokesperson for Obama's administration whether he will be golfing that day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	12745827_1097359970285851_9060640527737539204_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	10831
                Comment>

Hi William, is that graphic insinuating that there's a conspiracy theory out there surrounding Justice Scalia's death, and that the President's choice to not attend his funeral service is due to feelings of guilt on his part? I must admit that the choice to not do an autopsy, especially given the circumstances surrounding his death, is suspicious considering who it was that died.

--David
                  Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
                  Comment>

Originally posted by St_Worm2 View Post
                    Hi William, is that graphic insinuating that there's a conspiracy theory out there surrounding Justice Scalia's death, and that the President's choice to not attend his funeral service is due to feelings of guilt on his part? I must admit that the choice to not do an autopsy, especially given the circumstances surrounding his death, is suspicious considering who it was that died.

--David
                    Hi David,

I did not have that impression, but the impression that I was left with from the meme was that Obama's political bias and race baiting take precedence over fact finding, truth, and justice.
                    Comment>

SCOTUS Justice Smacks Obama HARD With Inconvenient Truth About Scalia Vacancy

Speaking at the Georgetown University Law Center in Washington, D.C., this Tuesday, Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito explained exactly what the vacancy spawned by late Justice Antonin Scalia’s death meant for the court.

“We will deal with it,” he bluntly told an audience of law students, according to Associated Press.

He added that the court has in the past functioned just fine with a reduced number of members and that the Constitution does not mandate that the court maintain a certain size.
                      I never even thought about this.
                      Comment>

The problem with having only eight justices is the risk of a tie vote on important cases. If we could somehow persuade one of the liberal justices to resign that problem would be eliminated. ;)
                        Clyde Herrin's Blog
                        Comment>
                        Working...
                        X
                        Articles - News - SiteMap