Looking for a new show to watch? We can quibble about where it stands in the TV canon. Discuss your favorite TV shows.

Stranger Things

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stranger Things

While browsing on YouTube, I saw this trailer entitled Stranger Things. It's a new series on Netflix and the viewers said that it's a bit similar to the film Insidious but with a bit sci-fi. I find the trailer intriguing and by reading the comments, it really caught my attention. I think I will be seeing this one within the next few days as it seems good and thrilling.

Has anyone seen this series yet? Is it any good? What are your thoughts about it?

I've seen the entire first season and I really enjoyed it! Great acting, like the old-school theme and generally everything about the series. In my opinion, go have a look. At least you can do is to watch the first episode ;)
    Comment>

Originally posted by Fenderen View Post
      I've seen the entire first season and I really enjoyed it! Great acting, like the old-school theme and generally everything about the series. In my opinion, go have a look. At least you can do is to watch the first episode ;)
      Really? I've seen some reviews and honestly, most of their reactions are the same, that it is indeed a great series. I may certainly take a look on this since it has a lot of positive reviews. May I ask how long is the first episode? And are you done with the first season? They say that you can watch the entire first season within a day so I guess it's not that long is it? Thanks! :)
      Comment>

Hello - the first episode is 47 minutes long. I watched the entire first season in like 3 days, doing several episodes each night! :) seriously give it a go - I HIGHLY recommend it!
        Comment>

Hello - the first episode is 47 minutes long. I watched the entire first season in like 3 days, doing several episodes each night! :) seriously give it a go - I HIGHLY recommend it!
          Really? I think I'll watch it one at a time or probably two since I'm a busy person. Well I hope it isn't that addicting because if it is, it will be a problem for me since I won't be able to get out of it unless I finish the entire season, hahaha :D
          Comment>

Originally posted by Jasmin Cottontail View Post

Really? I think I'll watch it one at a time or probably two since I'm a busy person. Well I hope it isn't that addicting because if it is, it will be a problem for me since I won't be able to get out of it unless I finish the entire season, hahaha :D
            It is highly addicting! :P however give it a go and let me know what you think of it :)
            Comment>

It is highly addicting! :P however give it a go and let me know what you think of it :)
              If you say so it's highly addicting then I'll definitely check it out. Hopefully on my day off :) Anyway, do you know any other series similar to this one? Or that are any good and addicting as well? It's fine whatever year it has been released as long as it's enjoyable to watch and will make me think. I'm really into a film or series when it keeps my brain working. Let me know if you have other recommendations. Cheers and God bless! :D
              Comment>

Not similar to this one - however I like Vikings (HBO) due to the fact, that the series is based on real events, real names and real places :-) - I also just recently started watching the entire Prison Break series again. If I want something entirely different that is just addicting and a complete no-brainer to watch I will have a look at The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, House of Cards or perhaps Suits? :-)
                If you are after a good laugh, Silicon Valley, Big Bang Theory, How I met your mother etc are the go to. (Listing all these series makes me realize I have too much time on my hands).......... Cheers :)
                Comment>

I really want to start watching it because a couple of my friends have told me that it is a great show and highly addictive. I've just unfortunately not had enough time to start another show at the moment with me having to revise and having to catch up on a couple of other shows at the same time :D. Could anyone that has already watched it at the moment, comment on the monster like creatures in this show? Do they make the show seem a bit stupid or have they incorporated them into the show well?
                  Comment>

Yeah I am too hearing a lot of good reviews about this show from my friends. Maybe I should start watching it. Thanks for reminding :)
                    Comment>

Stranger Things is what few of my friends recommended me to watch, and I don't regret that I did. It's a unique TV Show and very entertaining, I enjoyed every minute of it. At first I thought that a show with a few kids can't be that much of a fun but oh, I was so wrong. I can't wait for season 2 now, and I believe that it is going to be even better than the first one.
                      Comment>

I am a fan of all things sci-fi and although I'd never heard of this series until now, I'm starting to think that it might be worth checking out. From what I'm reading here, it sounds like a really exciting and addictive show with great reviews from those who've seen it. I'll be back here to share my own review after I see at least the first few episodes.
                        Comment>
                        Working...
                        X
                        Articles - News - SiteMap