Looking for a new show to watch? We can quibble about where it stands in the TV canon. Discuss your favorite TV shows.

Cooking Shows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooking Shows

I don't watch any cooking shows on TV, but I love binge watching them on Netflix! Since there's not really any plot, I can leave the room to put away laundry and actually get things done while TV is on.

At the moment I have every cooking show on Netflix in my queue, though I don't know if all of them are good. My favorite was probably Worst Cooks in America; I also liked Cutthroat Kitchen and Beat Bobby Flay. Now I'm watching Guy's Grocery Games.

On Amazon Prime, I can watch America's Test Kitchen videos, which are awesome. No competition, just friendly education and inspiration. I've cooked so many meals inspired by them.

My one peeve with Netflix is that they don't seem to have entire seasons of cooking shows. Instead, they pick random episodes (out of order) and shove them into a "collection." And I'm a completionist; I want to finish one series before starting another. So it irks me.

Any good cooking shows you've come across? I'm interested!

Cooking shows are extremely addicting to me. Once I subscribed to Netflix, I was introduced to a series of reality television shows. My love for reality television increased and I found an interest for cooking shows- specifically cooking competitions. I have always loved watching competitive gameshows, but had never watched through a good cooking competition. After watching the first season of Cutthroat Kitchen, I found myself addicted to the series. With every new season release on Netflix, I binge the season within a week. I love watching the cook's ideas spring to life, with only a few ingredients and minimal time. It's interesting to see what someone can do with so little. I also love that they add different obstacles for the cooks to compete over.

I totally understand your love for cooking shows! The only shows I can't get into are step by step instruction. I don't like watching someone prepare delicious food. I don't mind watching them prep food for a competition, but hate to watch someone cook in order to learn. Id rather follow a recipe.
    Comment>

I used to watch the Italian guy, Mario Batali and even bought one of his cook books,it was called "Simple Italian Food" I think. I watched the food network back in the day a lot, and he would travel and eat in places all over the Mediterranean including countries like France,Greece,Spain and Italy and it was called Mediterranean Mario. Another was "Mario Eats Italy", and I think he had a sidekick in this one,but it was fun and there was some good scenery also.
      Comment>

Originally posted by FolkArtist
        I used to watch the Italian guy, Mario Batali and even bought one of his cook books,it was called "Simple Italian Food" I think. I watched the food network back in the day a lot, and he would travel and eat in places all over the Mediterranean including countries like France,Greece,Spain and Italy and it was called Mediterranean Mario. Another was "Mario Eats Italy", and I think he had a sidekick in this one,but it was fun and there was some good scenery also.
        Did you ever see him in "Iron Chef America?" That is such a fun show to watch, although Food Network is always more enjoyable to watching​ with someone else.
        Comment>

Originally posted by wfredeemed009 View Post

Did you ever see him in "Iron Chef America?" That is such a fun show to watch, although Food Network is always more enjoyable to watching​ with someone else.
          Yes, I tried to watch this show and it was ok but I guess I found it quite boring with the Alton Brown guy,but It just never got my attention much,or I just did not watch it for some reason. But I used to watch "Giada everyday Italian" though a lot(or I think that was the name of it),and I think she cooked a lot of California Cuisine?
          Comment>

Yeah, Giada mainly cooks Italian dishes, but puts her own personal spin on them.

If you don't like ICA, you should check out some of the reality Food Network shows on Netflix; like "Food Network Star" or their worst chef show. Beware though, I was watching these with some neighbors and it was a little addicting.
            Comment>

I also don't watch them on TV but I like turning them on the internet and watch a bit. There is always something fun and new to try out. I don't cook, not that often but I would like to learn so I gather the information from everywhere I can.
              Comment>

I am watching cooking shows and I like it very much because I have a lot of things to learn from them. For example, I have learned how to make the cow meat bolder, I can keep the meat in wine or add beer when I am cooking it.
                We have here two shows of cooking, The cooking chef and Knifes war, and I watch each of them. Are interesting, funny, and good educational shows about cooking!
                Comment>
                Working...
                X
                Articles - News - SiteMap